• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Volleyball Selection Show - ESPN @6:00 pm Eastern - 11-26-23

I hate to admit it but with Smrek in the lineup, no team has an answer for her and Franklin!
We beat them in October with Smrek in the lineup. Florida should have beat them in September and had them on the ropes up 2 sets to 0 until Florida lost their starting setter to a season ending knee injury in the middle of set three and got reverse swept.

I think we can beat Wisconsin in Tampa if it comes to that. We will have to play a great game, but we are certainly capable of it.

I hate to admit it but with Smrek in the lineup, no team has an answer for her and Franklin!
We did it once. Smrek is a physical specimen that no one else has had an answer for. But I think Cook will have them ready.

No one has had an answer for Beason and Murray either... they had a rough time in the Badger hole, but this team is getting stronger as they go.

We beat them in October with Smrek in the lineup. Florida should have beat them in September and had them on the ropes up 2 sets to 0 until Florida lost their starting setter to a season ending knee injury in the middle of set three and got reverse swept.

I think we can beat Wisconsin in Tampa if it comes to that. We will have to play a great game, but we are certainly capable of it.
Yeah, like I said...

6-9 and 6-7 and Franklin is amazingly athletic for her size...will see how we play out. I sense if we can get to the final match, they will be on the other side of the net...

Me too, but even if she's practicing (she is) she will probably not be in good enough condition to play a lot of minutes.
If you did not hear the coach on his conference call, he said it is day to day with Lindsay. She is practicing every day, and he is hoping her soreness dissipates more and more after she works out. Let's just hope she can play, right? She might not have played in a while, but I don't think that will affect her play. Probably, she will need to rest a little more in each match, until she gets up to snuff, so to speak. :Rockon: Again, here's hoping. :Koolaid2:

Last edited:
Coach really let the B10 scheduling committee have it! He chewed them out, at the beginning of his conference with the reporters, for scheduling the Huskers to play the last 3 games in 6 days and last 4 in 8 days..........and having the last game of the season start late..... 8 pm!

Coach said, they also had to fight a storm, to get out of Minneapolis. Yeah, he was quite pissed, you might say! Good for you, Coach!!

Seems that conference is already on this thread:
My bad! :)

Last edited:

Big day for Nebraska. All three D1 schools in.
Coach Cook, during his presser the other day, said he was so proud of the schools in Nebraska, including lower divisions. Said, it is getting stronger and stronger by the year.
He even mentioned how proud he was of Wayne State.
See below:

Last edited:

We did it once. Smrek is a physical specimen that no one else has had an answer for. But I think Cook will have them ready.

No one has had an answer for Beason and Murray either... they had a rough time in the Badger hole, but this team is getting stronger as they go.
There seemed to be some times during the match Smerek was not really doing anything; but, as far as Franklin, she was the thorn in the side, period. I also felt she had a lot of good luck, also. But, good always is lucky. Just need to shut her down. How? Hmm, hopefully, we'll see. :)

So, tournament matches on TV?
Coach really let the B10 scheduling committee have it! He chewed them out, at the beginning of his conference with the reporters, for scheduling the Huskers to play the last 3 games in 6 days and last 4 in 8 days..........and having the last game of the season start late..... 8 pm!

Coach said, they also had to fight a storm, to get out of Minneapolis. Yeah, he was quite pissed, you might say! Good for you, Coach!!

Seems that conference is already on this thread:
My bad! :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back