• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Vince Genatone Commits To Montana

There are a ton of schools in Florida, Georgia, Texas and California that have more than 10 kids who will play FBS.
OK but that has very little to do with the discussion here. @goodnterribles is saying basically that we should be slow to take any kids from the state of NE because our schools are too small so we can not trust their film or athleticism. So I guess we also should not have taken Fidone, or the Polar Bear. Even though most schools in the country wanted them. Why because we can not trust their film and athleticism. By this standard they only play against "small schools"

Yes i earlier mentioned i was impressed by his speed and agility on the mat. Try to read the whole thread not just the last post. Kid is a stud athlete. My issue is with GNT judging him ONLY on where he went to school. Ignoring his obvious athletic talent.
You seem very judgemental, again, when someone doesn't agree with exactly what you say. First of all I read every post in this thread. Secondly, the kid is a stud athlete as are 10,000 others around the country. Thirdly, you are a N. Platte homer. Fourthly, GNT did not judge him ONLY where he went to school. Maybe you should read the entire thread or maybe just try to comprehend better.

OK but that has very little to do with the discussion here. @goodnterribles is saying basically that we should be slow to take any kids from the state of NE because our schools are too small so we can not trust their film or athleticism. So I guess we also should not have taken Fidone, or the Polar Bear. Even though most schools in the country wanted them. Why because we can not trust their film and athleticism. By this standard they only play against "small schools"
He didn't say that. You, as usual, invented that. GnT said it's tougher to grade kids like him because they don't play a ton of P5 prospects. They don't and he didn't. GnT also added that it may be even more difficult because of the small class. Apparently Frost agrees with GnT seeing as this kid doesn't have an offer yet.

You seem very judgemental, again, when someone doesn't agree with exactly what you say. First of all I read every post in this thread. Secondly, the kid is a stud athlete as are 10,000 others around the country. Thirdly, you are a N. Platte homer. Fourthly, GNT did not judge him ONLY where he went to school. Maybe you should read the entire thread or maybe just try to comprehend better.
I know you're just joking a little but there is probably some truth to that. It has to be very hard to evaluate kids from small towns that aren't playing top level competition.

Of course. But it's still hard to evaluate how good a player who plays in Nebraska versus a talent rich state like FL, GA, TX, or CA.
Are you sure he did not judge him on that?

BTW I grew up in N Platte. I have not lived there since 1981. I have lived in some hot beds of recruiting though. I even coached some kids who went on to play D1 football. If I have ANY bias for this kid it is that he is a wrestling champion. Not that he is from NP. that is a bonus.

He didn't say that. You, as usual, invented that. GnT said it's tougher to grade kids like him because they don't play a ton of P5 prospects. They don't and he didn't. GnT also added that it may be even more difficult because of the small class. Apparently Frost agrees with GnT seeing as this kid doesn't have an offer yet.
See post 98

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back