• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USMNT vs Honduras Game Thread

The Yanks Are Coming @YanksAreComing · Well that was disappointing. Full credit to Honduras. Better team in the second half. Been an issue for US of late.

Brian Straus @BrianStraus Matt Besler was walking very, very gingerly after leaving the US locker room. Almost surely a hamstring.

I didn't get to watch the match, so I have a few questions.

1. Was the poor performance in the 2nd half more of players out of position or poor subs?
2. If JK is truly wanting to get younger, how many younger players saw meaningful time?
3. Did Bradley play well, or was he ineffective again playing deeper rather than pushing the pace?
4. How did Altidore do, other than the goal, up top?
5. How did the back line look in front of Rimando?

Below

I didn't get to watch the match, so I have a few questions.

1. Was the poor performance in the 2nd half more of players out of position or poor subs?

They played flat/not a lot of emotion most of the half.....and were out of position at times.....Jones did not properly mark his player on the goal.....the subs did not help but in fairness when you have six subs that can happen....although Honduras subs helped more....

2. If JK is truly wanting to get younger, how many younger players saw meaningful time?

Garza was the only one who saw significant playing time that I can recall....Wood came on as sub.....I have to admit the getting younger thing is questionable at this point in time....and with the Gold Cup just around the corner and not too many more chances to give youngsters a go you have to wonder just a bit....

3. Did Bradley play well, or was he ineffective again playing deeper rather than pushing the pace?

He looked tired because of the end of the MLS season and was sloppy at times with that being said, as we saw in Brazil, its not the natural position he should be playing in and why Klinsmann keeps pushing it is baffling....

Playing guys out of position is going to be the death of this team.....there is no reason to do it.....

4. How did Altidore do, other than the goal, up top?

Other than the goal so-so....as was Dempsey......

Ben Jata@Ben_Jata · <s>#</s>USMNT possession vs Honduras (5 min. intervals). Note: they only had one shot on target. <s>#</s>USAvHON

Bz_x1EbCcAA28-t.png:large

5. How did the back line look in front of Rimando?

Iffy....it took Honduras a while to find their legs....Chandler struggled again.....Jones looked good in the first half, but struggled in the second half and picked up a yellow on a hard tackle and was responsible for the goal.....and he came real close to getting a second yellow on a risky tackle.

Last edited:

Yup.....and I suspect this is going to come to a head.....Boca and Donovan were already treated this way.....

Mike Woitalla@MikeWoitalla · Klinsmann kicks Bradley when he's down http://bit.ly/ZsZA8U via <s>@</s>socceramerica

There's an old saying that I think makes some sense: "Praise in public, criticize in private."

It’s one that Jurgen Klinsmann doesn’t adhere to. We got a lot of it during his ongoing bashing of the USA’s greatest player ever, Landon Donovan.

Klinsmann couldn’t even manage to refrain from criticizing Donovan on the eve of his farewell game.

The latest targets of Klinsmann’s public jabs have been Clint Dempsey and Michael Bradley. Two men who like Donovan have contributed more to the progress of American soccer than Klinsmann has yet to match.

On the eve of the USA’s 1-1 tie with Honduras on Tuesday, Klinsmann ripped Dempsey and Bradley for returning from Europe to play in MLS

But is disparaging the likes Bradley and Dempsey publicly before a game really going to get the best out of them? It doesn’t seem so based on what happened against Honduras on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Ouch.....

LeanderLastNameNoFit @LeanderOnFOX · Klinsmann, briefly: USMNTers should play in Europe. But I'll build around MLSers. Best competition is key. But college and NASL callups okay

Ouch.....

LeanderLastNameNoFit@LeanderOnFOX · Klinsmann, briefly: USMNTers should play in Europe. But I'll build around MLSers. Best competition is key. But college and NASL callups okay

So, whatever fits my agenda, will work. Otherwise, no deal.....:rolleyes:

Seriously, bashing two of the team leaders, before a match? Then trotting out another poor performance? Things are not looking well in the USMNT camp.

Pretty much.....his ego is starting to transcend the USMNT and that isn't good.....

I was thinking the same thing myself....this can not be good for chemistry etc......and the Donovan episode only adds more fuel.....

It is just giving credence to the expose that Brain Strauss wrote for the sporting News last year and how shabbily Boaca was treated by Klinsmann....etc. etc.

So, whatever fits my agenda, will work. Otherwise, no deal.....:rolleyes:

Seriously, bashing two of the team leaders, before a match? Then trotting out another poor performance? Things are not looking well in the USMNT camp.

You knew this was coming.....Klinsmann is not helping himself by voicing this in a public way like he has over the past few months and in a personal manner of late.....i.e. Bradley and Dempsey.....not a good thing to do in my opinion....

Grant WahlVerified<s>@</s>GrantWahl MLS announces 4 pm ET teleconference in which commish Don Garber will respond to Klinsmann's comments on MLS. Sounds provocative.

Matt Anderson‏<s>@</s>anderson_matt00
This has to happen at some point. MLS needs top US players.<s>@</s>GrantWahl

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back