• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USA vs Mexico Game Thread (rosters out)

You sure picked it right my good friend....:)

Brave performance tonight....Howard was huge....

Still along way to to go though....nothing is a given as we showed against Guatamala in June....Jamaica on the road will not be easy on September 7....

I'll be interested to read what the soccer writers in the US will write about now that Team USA went into Azteca and won, against a team many were ready to crown as the 2014 WC favorite earlier this week.

Well Cobi Jones (he of 164 caps) has this quick comment:

Ives Galarcep@SoccerByIves

#CobiKnows RT @cobijones: Let's get real. US win in Azteca means a lot. Whatever naysayers want to say. 75 yrs and mental edge. USA. #USMNT

I'll be interested to read what the soccer writers in the US will write about now that Team USA went into Azteca and won, against a team many were ready to crown as the 2014 WC favorite earlier this week.

Last edited:
Just got done watching on DVR. This is the game that my son wasn't planning to watch because we were so overmatched...way to go USA.

Reminded me of the Argentina draw where they played a lot more on our defensive side; but, a combination of timely defense and a bit of luck brings us a historic win.

Agree...well said...my daughter is in shock....:) Nice win...indeed...:)

[video=youtube_share;7OoFSyqTjkc]http://youtu.be/7OoFSyqTjkc[/video]

Just got done watching on DVR. This is the game that my son wasn't planning to watch because we were so overmatched...way to go USA.

Reminded me of the Argentina draw where they played a lot more on our defensive side; but, a combination of timely defense and a bit of luck brings us a historic win.

Klinsman agrees with you...:)

Grant Wahl<S>@</S>GrantWahl Klinsmann realistic about US's overall play and element of luck, but credits Tim Howard with huge game to seal a historic win in Mexico.

Lol cheap shot about what? The fact that this whole thread was doom and gloom, about how bad we were gonna get killed, about how bad Klinsmann is, about how bad Fiscal and Castillo are?

Once again your whatever colored glasses were just too thick to see anything else....like clockwork I knew I could log in and see your comments about how bad Jones and Edu et al are, and how great Beckerman is....

Did Beckerman have a great game, I'd say he played ok....had a few nice plays, and had a few terrible plays also...just like about 11 other guys on the US squad...will agree that Cameron was a beast and POM with Howard....

Didn't feel the need to chime in on anything before because Porkchop had it covered, about word for word....but it's cool, you can keep tellin us all about the above things over and over, because you do, and you will, from now until we're playing in the World Cup

Your such a funny guy and a fountain of soccer knowlege...and wrong most of the time (i.e. Mike Bradley etc.)........folks recognize it for what it is....trust me they do....and cheap shot comments like below don't help you....but what ever....

Good Night all....nice win for the USA....but along way to go....:)

Thats the norm for them.....and it was probably urine....European fans and broadcasters have no clue what we put up with at Azteca or in Central America...
Ian Darke is a class guy....in a sick sort of way I'm glad he is seeing this....he is one of the top announcers in the BPL so the world will get spread...

Had this been an official game the refs would have been the 12th man at Azteca....their fans can be very intimidating....

Fair enough....have a good evening.....

Lol cheap shot about what? The fact that this whole thread was doom and gloom, about how bad we were gonna get killed, about how bad Klinsmann is, about how bad Fiscal and Castillo are?

Once again your whatever colored glasses were just too thick to see anything else....like clockwork I knew I could log in and see your comments about how bad Jones and Edu et al are, and how great Beckerman is....

Did Beckerman have a great game, I'd say he played ok....had a few nice plays, and had a few terrible plays also...just like about 11 other guys on the US squad...will agree that Cameron was a beast and POM with Howard....

Didn't feel the need to chime in on anything before because Porkchop had it covered, about word for word....but it's cool, you can keep tellin us all about the above things over and over, because you do, and you will, from now until we're playing in the World Cup

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back