• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Urban going to.....

Jacksonville Jaguars.

It will be interesting to see how this goes. I can't imagine it is a stress-free job. I kind of wonder if he knows he can't match Saban for national titles but, in the ego contest of who has the greater legacy, could score one in comparison to NS by succeeding in a league where NS failed.

Last edited:
Is it easier to be a coach in the pros or college? With pros there is no recruiting, no boosters to deal with, theoretically your players are more mature (at least older), every player is a stud.

The Xs and Os get more complex at the pro level however.

Is it easier to be a coach in the pros or college? With pros there is no recruiting, no boosters to deal with, theoretically your players are more mature (at least older), every player is a stud.

But there is no restrictions on coaching/staff. I suspect UM will be a CEO surrounded with an outstanding staff including especially support staff

Will be interesting who his OC and DC will be.

Ego's

But there is no restrictions on coaching/staff. I suspect UM will be a CEO surrounded with an outstanding staff including especially support staff

He doesn't strike me as a guy who'll put in the ridiculous NFL hours.

He's likely to surround himself with a very good staff.

I don't think it'll work, but it's worth watching.

I think this is awesome. I like the idea of a guy that took a few teams in college to a good spot. Utah, Florida and then Ohio State. Hope he pulls it off in the NFL.

I think he can. I personally think he will. I am surprised Saban hasn't gone this route, maybe it is because he was there already and learned to hate it.

Reportedly, his OC will be LSU (and former Dallas Cowboys) assistant Scott Linehan. No word on his DC yet.

I think this is awesome. I like the idea of a guy that took a few teams in college to a good spot. Utah, Florida and then Ohio State. Hope he pulls it off in the NFL.

I think he can. I personally think he will. I am surprised Saban hasn't gone this route, maybe it is because he was there already and learned to hate it.
Saban is coaching a pro team already.

Last edited:
If Trevor Lawrence hits in the NFL, I think he will do well. They will have Lawrence on a minimum contract with $75 million in cap space and 11 draft picks in the upcoming draft. That’s an MLB style of rebuild right there. Urban has excellent organizational structure leadership and he always surrounds himself with B+ or higher coaches. I’m not guaranteeing success, but he has a much better chance than Saban and Chip had.

if it doesn’t work for him, the owner will have to put more swimming pools in the stadium.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back