• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Urban going to.....

Is it easier to be a coach in the pros or college? With pros there is no recruiting, no boosters to deal with, theoretically your players are more mature (at least older), every player is a stud.

The Xs and Os get more complex at the pro level however.
It could be argued that recruiting is one of the factors that gave Meyer an advantage in college. He loses that advantage in the NFL.

He's stay four years max. I think his illnesses will pop up again ,and this time he'll get out vey quickly after they do. but maybe he'll put together something good for the next guy.

He's stay four years max. I think his illnesses will pop up again ,and this time he'll get out vey quickly after they do. but maybe he'll put together something good for the next guy.
Kind of like the illnesses Scotty gives us on fall saturdays

It will be interesting to see how this goes. I can't imagine it is a stress-free job. I kind of wonder if he knows he can't match Saban for national titles but, in the ego contest of who has the greater legacy, could score one in comparison to NS by succeeding in a league where NS failed.

I remember reading an article about Saban’s time with the Dolphins and how he tried to do his control freak thing in practice and Junior Seau basically laughed him off and told him he was doing his own thing. It takes a different type of leadership style in the pros, much more laissez faire. I have my doubts that Urban will be any better.

I remember reading an article about Saban’s time with the Dolphins and how he tried to do his control freak thing in practice and Junior Seau basically laughed him off and told him he was doing his own thing. It takes a different type of leadership style in the pros, much more laissez faire. I have my doubts that Urban will be any better.
It's a different dynamic. There are several guys on the team who are more highly paid and, frankly, more powerful than the coach. I also doubt it will work for UM. Some guys are made to be college coaches and I think Saban and Meyer are among them.

Last edited:
Why I think Urban might succeed in the NFL when so many other college coaches have failed.

Urban is a CEO coach not a family/relationship coach. He installed a business at OSU and that business is winning championships.

Both ways of coaching have their pluses and minuses, they also have to have the right coach running it to be successful. It is easier for a business type college program to transfer to a new CEO coach than it is for a family/relationship type coach.

Frost is a family/relationship type coach (as was TO). I think it will take a while to get the fire lite again but once they do I think Frost will be a great coach. Urban might take a season or two to fully install his business culture at JAX but I think he has a good chance of succeeding there once he does.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back