• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Update: USC now has 18 commits; the cupboard is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

They'll take 18 this class. Willis won't 'fight' for a spot. He's one they'll have room for -- plain and simple.

Regarding the thought that USC will begin hurting, hurting to the extent of only 7-8 wins, I could not disagree more.

With these restrictions, they're taking the cream of the crop. Consider how many kids per class actually contribute extensively. So long as they limit the 'busts' to a minimum, I think they'll be stout for the next few years.

I would be shocked to see USC win less than 8 games in any of the next four years, and that's with a solid schedule.

USC now has 15 commits how may open spots left?

I think there is more hope that USC will decline than fact. I will believe it when I see it.

USC will be fine. Depth may hurt them if injuries start to come into play in a given year but it's not like they'll fall off the map. The scholarship thing won't be that big of a deal for them and they'll recover quickly.

2011, 2012 and 2013? Are they not considered a national title contender THIS year? They may fall off a little in 2013 if they drop off at QB too much after Barkley leaves but I'm guessing USC fans aren't too concerned about these recruiting restrictions.

USC will be fine. Depth may hurt them if injuries start to come into play in a given year but it's not like they'll fall off the map. The scholarship thing won't be that big of a deal for them and they'll recover quickly.

Agreed. I'd say they must be doing pretty well if we are hoping to pick up a few of their leftovers.

Yup...

We wil have to agree to disagree....

We get close to or at 85 each year because we give out scholarships to walk-ons each year.

I'd be shocked and willing to bet they don't see 7 or 8 wins

That USC does NOT see 7 or 8 wins? I think you will get plenty of takers on that bet.:Biggrin:

Last edited:
I'm going to jump in because my friend works for USC, i'll just relay their thoughts going around the camp as my own. With their limited scholarships, they don't have to promis playing time to kids, the kids know they are going to play, so they are able to get those top-tier kids. The top-tier kids know that even if they recruit another couple guys, they aren't going to have 8 LBs on scholarship, maybe 5 or so, so they are getting the cream of the crop to go there. The top guys usually have a less bust rate then others, so they will have fewer "swing and misses". That being said, they also know how thin they are going to be at certain positions. They know if they have run of bad luck on the offensive line they may have to move a TE in to play tackle, a DE move to the interior, etc. which is never a good thing. And I think that is what RR is eluding to.

Their talent will destroy people, but if one or two go down at the same position which is usually the case, they could definetely struggle. I am in the camp that they will be ok, depth at the top teams may end up hurting them but they will still be relevant and when they get their full allotment back may sign a scary class.

And that leads to my question of when they are off probation, are they going to sign a class of 40?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back