• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Update: USC now has 18 commits; the cupboard is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Just something to watch....they got a commit from their 15th recruit today.....will be interesting to follow as they clain they have 18 spots this year because three of theri 2012 classed enrolled early....

If this in fact true they will have kids scrmbling for those spots pretty fast....will be interesting to see how they try and play this....

Willis and Goodman are two recruits that have an interest in both USC and Nebraska and neither have shown they are in no hurry to pull the lever thus, I think this is good news for Nebraska.....

Last edited:

They will. They'll take 17-18, IMO.

That's why I don't think they will fall off much. They will still be taking 16-18 guys every year.

This year they were only able to do so because of early enrollment of three kids....so its how they game the system I guess....anyway you look at it, its still still a small class....and it wil hurt them with depth, on the field and 6-7 of those kids will contribute little if any based on historical averages....

They will. They'll take 17-18, IMO.

That's why I don't think they will fall off much. They will still be taking 16-18 guys every year.

I think they are limited to 75 scholarships for 11, 12, and 13. Depending on how many players the run off, they could sign many more than 15.

This year they were only able to do so because of early enrollment of three kids....so its how they game the system I guess....anyway you look at it, its still still a small class....and it wil hurt them with depth, on the field and 6-7 of those kids will contribute little if any based on historical averages....

If they can keep taking 17-18 they'll be fine, which they will find a way to do. Heck...we've only averaged 19 a class over the last 4 classes and we are still winning/expecting to win 9 games a year. And we aren't signing near the raw talent they are.

That is correct....

True....they just lost a QB transfering....and as I said had three kids enroll early....

They have said they are looking to sign no more than 18 this season....because of the early emrollments....

They will try and game this as much as they can...I have no dobut about that....

You can be sure the NCAA will be watching this too....

I think they are limited to 75 scholarships for 11, 12, and 13. Depending on how many players the run off, they could sign many more than 15.

No they won't....losing 10 skollies over a three year period and its going to hurt you....and that is a fact....35-40% of those kids will contribute little....

Depth is going to be a HUGE issue for them in the outlying years...not so much this year or next year...

Last season hurt us because of the 20 JUCO recruits taken in 2005 and 2006...we are nowhere near the probem they are....we can carry 85 kids...they are only allowed 75 for the next three seasons...it wil hurt...

If they can keep taking 17-18 they'll be fine, which they will find a way to do. Heck...we've only averaged 19 a class over the last 4 classes and we are still winning/expecting to win 9 games a year. And we aren't signing near the raw talent they are.

No they won't....losing 10 skollies over a three year period and its going to hurt you....and that is a fact....35-40% of those kids will contribute little....

Depth is going to be a HUGE issue for them in the outlying years...not so much this year or next year...

Last season hurt us because of the 20 JUCO recruits taken in 2005 and 2006...we are nowhere near the probem they are....we can carry 85 kids...they are only allowed 75 for the next three seasons...it wil hurt...

We can carry 85...but we don't. We've entered fall camp at 80 or 81 each of the last 3 years.

I'll wager they win 9 games each year over the next 5 years.

We are usually around 85 according to FLAS calcualtions....he is the man on that...

9 wins at USC is not good enough with the talent they have....and I could see them slipping to 7-8...in year 4 and 5....it is going to hurt them...and its supposed too....

Bottom line regardless of how may skollies they give this year is they cannot carry more than 75 kids on their roster and that hurts...no matter how you try to spin it....

We can carry 85...but we don't. We've entered fall camp at 80 or 81 each of the last 3 years.

I'll wager they win 9 games each year over the next 5 years.

Last edited:

We are usually around 85 according to FLAS calcualtions....he is the man on that...

9 wins at USC is not good enough with the talent they have....and I could see them slipping to 7-8...in year 4 and 5....it is going to hurt them...and its supposed too....

Bottom line regardless of how may skollies they give this year is they cannot carry more than 75 kids on their roster and that hurts...no matter how you try to spin it....

We get close to or at 85 each year because we give out scholarships to walk-ons each year.

I'd be shocked and willing to bet they don't see 7 or 8 wins

Just something to watch....they got a commit from their 15th recruit today.....will be interesting to follow as they clain they have 18 spots this year because three of theri 2012 classed enrolled early....

If this in fact true they will have kids scrmbling for those spots pretty fast....will be interesting to see how they try and play this....

Willis and Goodman are two recruits that have an interest in both USC and Nebraska and neither have shown they are in no hurry to pull the lever thus, I think this is good news for Nebraska.....

Very.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back