• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Update on DE Lake Koa-Ka'ai

Status
Not open for further replies.
True....but we have also landed guys like Cooper and Carnes (both highly rated 4-star guys) late in the game....arguably, from all I have read and heard, two of the top players in last years class....and they both came late....its a crap shoot as we both know....and this staff has shown a dogged determination to bring in kids like this....so you never know...the west coast factor is big....we both know that living on the west coast...and that comfort factor often outweighs what might be better coaching etc....although I wouldn't fault a kid for going to Oregon based on the season they just had....BUT I think he would find playing time sooner at Nebraska....and hands down better coaching....UO's defense was not great....

NU has made this far with quite a few of these players and fell short.. Hopefully he will open the door for more to follow.

Visit with Coach P went well.....guess we wait now....with fingers crossed...:) I'm becoming more optomistic on this one....I hope I'm right....:nod::Biggrin:

A Teaser on the front page of HI:

"It was awesome"

Nebraska defensive ends coach John Papuchis made the trip to Hawaii to see top defensive end Lake Koa-Ka'ai on Tuesday evening. Koa-Ka'ai and his family were certainly impressed with the in-home visit.

http://nebraska.rivals.com/
Commitment expected within the week - as RR has said, it looks like Ducks vs. Huskers
http://twitter.com/bzook2010

Last edited:
I tend to agree....but kids surprise us sometimes....

Helu as you know has a Samoan step-mother...so there is always hope....the fact we made it this far is a plus in my opinion....but yeah not getting my hopes up either....

Yes sir, I thought about Helu as I was posting but I also remember which coach's class he came in as that's one of the few things he could do right for NU ;).

But yea, I just think that factor will be a strong role. I really had my hopes up for Owa even though my gut told me to relax on the enthusiasm. This time I'm going to try and listen to it.

I like our chances to. He will be taking his final visit this weekend to CU. He has in-homes with Arizona, Oregon and Stanford still. I wonder if we take him and Carter as someone mentioned earlier?

John Taliman said on Sports Nightly last night that he is very confident we will land Lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back