• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ultimate Music Thread

Luther Dickinson is one of the great slide players and this is one of the bands top two or three albums....big fan....

Last edited:

I'm somewhat ashamed (but not really) that I'm a big fan of stoner/sludge metal. The lyrics are always complete crap but I'm a sucker for the low-tuned (I think these guys tune all the way down to C), drone-y, slow riffs. This is my gold standard stoner rock song (excluding the grandfathers; Lord of This World and Into the Void).

I like so many different genre's, yes, including "The Dreaded" Bro-Country style of country music. I have no shame about it. I like this song, it has a Black Sabbath feel, only lower of course. I was going to post a video by Goatwhore, and I may still, but it's not going to be so well received around here....lol....

The Octopus Project is an electronic band from Austin that's been together since 2002. I've seen 'em perform live several times. Next month, I'll be attending a unique performance:

One night only! Join Austin’s own Octopus Project for a show like you’ve never seen before.

Celebrating the last stop of their US tour and the release of their new album “Memory Mirror”, the band will be using the unique facilities of the Texas Spirit Theater to present a live performance featuring 9-channel surround sound, immersive multi-screen visuals, rumble seats, indoor weather effects and much much more.

http://www.thestoryoftexas.com/visit/calendar/octopus-project-memory-mirror-12052017

Gotta love the inspiration for Spinal Tap

Yup there movie 'Slade In Flame' made in the 70's is a hoot (fun movie) and said to be the inspiration for 'Spinal Tap'. Oh Quiet Riot totally ripped them off including the two songs they covered by Slade: 'Cum On Fell the Noize' & 'Mamma Weer All Craze Now'

Actually all are really good guys including singer Noddy Holder who quit playing in 1990 (after 25 years in the band) and has had a quite successful career in acting since then.

Like I said old school English rock...at its best...:)

Last edited:

I was a big fan of her first two albums. I had forgotten her the last so many years, and the other day, I saw a woman that looked just like her. Hopefully a few of you like some of her stuff.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back