• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tyjon Lindsey and Dylan Owen were hospitalized

only info i've got are the LJS guys tweeting about it - all their tweets are up on the first page of this thread. I'm sure there will be articles written, but as is so often the case, as soon as the news gets dumped it is briefly tweeted about and we'll get filled in later when the reporters have had time to do reporter things

only info i've got are the LJS guys tweeting about it - all their tweets are up on the first page of this thread. I'm sure there will be articles written, but as is so often the case, as soon as the news gets dumped it is briefly tweeted about and we'll get filled in later when the reporters have had time to do reporter things

Thanks!

that makes sense. i'm extrapolating this because SF says in the article that they cut back the length of the workout (by 20%) for the whole team from 40 to 32 minutes, even before these 2 guys got Rhabdo. seems like they realize that they need to dial it back for the whole group

http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...mpaign=LEEDCC#tracking-source=home-the-latest
Yep, it can be as simple as when the coach says "go lighter on these squats, you don't know what you're getting into" then someone goes with what they normally do and get destroyed. I'll again go back to when we did this with MP and his staff and everyone was tweeting they were throwing up, a lot of guys went with too high of weight originally. The analogy I always use is if Usain Bolt ran a marathon he'd faint, but he isn't out of shape.

a big football news dump today, the hospitalizations are the most dramatic news. but JoJo having a setback is huge and Darlington moving on is a big deal for our recruiting class.

reading the LJS article makes it pretty clear that the team is - right now - not up to the level of fitness/condition that UCF was and they're going to have to pull back a little and take some time to try to work their way up to that point

True.

Perhaps also to what high level the kids are will to work now?

Lots of fit people who do crossfit for the first time get Rhabdo... it's scary and needs to be monitored. It was pretty common a few years ago when Crossfit really took off. It might say more about the team that only two guys got it, Iowa had 8 or 9 a few years ago when they switched up training regimen.

EDIT: 13. http://abcnews.go.com/Health/univer...spitalized-muscle-condition/story?id=12780810

Great find HuSkaBob!:thumbsup:.

8E77FxU.gif

Last edited:
Not necessarily true, can be a case of choosing the wrong weight for things and getting to failure too quick.

It can also be an issue of guys trying to maintain an active "social life" while also maintain a suddenly serious workout regimen. As an example, alcohol consumption is ALWAYS under reported by patients (this is even taught in Medical Schools). Bottom line is there are many reasons this can happen and not all of them fall on the coaches/staff/University.

a big football news dump today, the hospitalizations are the most dramatic news. but JoJo having a setback is huge and Darlington moving on is a big deal for our recruiting class.

reading the LJS article makes it pretty clear that the team is - right now - not up to the level of fitness/condition that UCF was and they're going to have to pull back a little and take some time to try to work their way up to that point

Get em Zach!!!! Mike Riley staff was too weak! I can’t wait for some member to talk trash to me! But this news shows it!

#FROSTERA “We won’t be disrespected anymore by other teams less superior to us”

No more Saturday game of getting our hopes up and then only to have to get drunk to forget about what could have been!!!

Last edited:
Yep, it can be as simple as when the coach says "go lighter on these squats, you don't know what you're getting into" then someone goes with what they normally do and get destroyed. I'll again go back to when we did this with MP and his staff and everyone was tweeting they were throwing up, a lot of guys went with too high of weight originally. The analogy I always use is if Usain Bolt ran a marathon he'd faint, but he isn't out of shape.
Kind of sounds like it's just a different way of doing some things. Athletes train their bodies to do certain things, and changing that up can sometimes cause problems. It's unfortunate that these guys got sick, but at least it was identified and treated quickly.

Out of all the news in this thread, THIS seems to be the biggest tidbit:

That trust, the family atmosphere, needs to come together in order for us to be successful.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back