• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ty Hahn thoughts

Very true! The HS talent in NE is impressing me lately. Bigger problem for them is to find kids who academically work for them and who are interested in the military school and commitment after school.

Had a cousin who played tennis for them and is a lifer in the Air Force now
Agree, I went to USAFA and played a little baseball in the early 90s. It's a great education and experience but only for the right fit. Served 23 years and retired (now AF civil service), wouldn't trade it for anything. Perfect spot for the overachieving, undersized athletes who can excel academically and can handle the military culture.

Last edited:

this is a good point. We need to be creative with our LB's. I don't like the idea of always rolling with 2 big ILB's. Maybe someday when we get 2 big, mobile guys, sure, but in the meantime, mix and match and get somebody out there who can cover on longer downs, get some speed and mobility there.

-- more than a few 3-4 teams run with a big guy and a smaller guy inside. Think Elandon Roberts, for instance -- super fast, mobile, just under 6-0 tall and at 235

Most of all, find someone who can find a gap and fill it!

As for Nelson, I have a good bit of hope that he'll be pretty good, and maybe not all that far in the future
Damn...you literally read my mind with the Roberts comparison! I'd have no problem entertaining that idea because as *** stated, he gets swallowed up on the outside by larger blockers. And if there is one thing about JoJo...he's decisive and he will fill quickly. Reimer might be cut from the same type of cloth. Interesting topic

Must be no news on Husker interest or contact? Will they offer after early period or will he sign somewhere else early?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back