• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Trevell Dixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be that Nebraska has maybe cooled on this guy thus he is looking else where?

The fact he has never attempted to visit Nebraska speaks volumes....I would think if he gets the LSU offer it will be a late one like Jones last year....frankly I'm actually glad he decommitted early....gives us tons of time to replace him...in that sense not a big deal....

Agree on LSU...we were a place-holder....

So be it....time to move on....we will be fine...:)

Best of luck to him where ever he ends up...

Priest Willis will be a great replacement for him...:)

I agree Nebraska can and will move on from Dixon. But its guys like this that you really hate to lose. Much like Tevin Mitchel before him, Tre'Vell Dixon is going to be a good player and although its been expected, it still stings. Its not like losing a commitment from guys in the past like Keeston Terry, Aaron Bouzos or Darien Bryant. Dixon is a legit 4* kid, like Tevin was, and I expect him to be a stud in college.....Heck, ya never know, maybe he wont get the LSU offer and Nebraska can get back ahead of Arizona State and Texas A&M by February? I doubt it though...

Last edited:
Oh I fully agree....

And no I don't see it.....

Gotta move on though....:)

I agree Nebraska can and will move on from Dixon. But its guys like this that you really hate to lose. Much like Tevin Mitchel before him, Tre'Vell Dixon is going to be a good player and although its been expected, it still stings. Its not like losing a commitment from guys in the past like Keeston Terry, Aaron Bouzos or Darien Bryant. Dixon is a legit 4* kid, like Tevin was, and I expect him to be a stud in college.....Heck, ya never know, maybe he wont get the LSU offer and Nebraska can get back ahead of Arizona State and Texas A&M by February? I doubt it though...

I'm shocked it took him this long to consider doing so. His position coach takes a job at the school he dreams of playing for and he was stuck committed to a school he's never visited. You honestly can't fault the young man. Would love for his talent to stay with this class, yes we can replace him (I agree about the Priest Willis comment, RR), but that doesn't take away the fact that he was/is still a great talent. Some would say, do we want a kid who de-committed to open up his recruiting again, I would say yes in this situation. I see this as he wants to be sure he makes the correct decision. What if he would have came to Lincoln as a commit and saw that he didn't think Lincoln was the place he wanted to be. He would have limited his opportunities with other schools who may have cooled on him due to him being committed.

If he doesn't end up with us when it's all said and done, no biggie. We will still be alright.

...but I think we got Seisay, right? :N::N::N::N::N::N::N:

I'm shocked it took him this long to consider doing so. His position coach takes a job at the school he dreams of playing for and he was stuck committed to a school he's never visited. You honestly can't fault the young man. Would love for his talent to stay with this class, yes we can replace him (I agree about the Priest Willis comment, RR), but that doesn't take away the fact that he was/is still a great talent. Some would say, do we want a kid who de-committed to open up his recruiting again, I would say yes in this situation. I see this as he wants to be sure he makes the correct decision. What if he would have came to Lincoln as a commit and saw that he didn't think Lincoln was the place he wanted to be. He would have limited his opportunities with other schools who may have cooled on him due to him being committed.

If he doesn't end up with us when it's all said and done, no biggie. We will still be alright.

Once the tide goes out, it never comes back in. He's gone.

Surprised it took this long. This gives us a little more room to bring in a JC S if we need one, and/or not overload on S/ATH types.

Yup....such as JUCO Safeties Taj Letman and Shaquille Fluker (S/CB) who we are recruting hard....

Also Tahaan Goodman we are after hard from CA...hopefully Stanton is in his ear today....

Expect to see a few new offers to boot....

Surprised it took this long. This gives us a little more room to bring in a JC S if we need one, and/or not overload on S/ATH types.

Yup....such as JUCO Safeties Taj Letman and Shaquille Fluker (S/CB) who we are recruting hard....

Also Tahaan Goodman we are after hard from CA...hopefully Stanton is in his ear today....

Expect to see a few new offers to boot....

There are a lot of people in Goodman's ear as you know. Great safety.

There are a lot of good safeties this class actually. Su'a Cravens is the clear #1. After him I personally like Leon McQuay as the 2nd best. But there are a group of about a half dozen who can make that argument.

My top 12 safeties as of today are:

1. Su'a Cravens
2. Leon McQuay
3. Antonio Conner
4. Tahaan Goodman
5. Vonn Bell
6. Max Redfield
7. Holland Fisher
8. Marcell Harris
9. Keanu Neal
10. Tray Matthews
11. Kameron Miles
12. Jayme Thompson

I kind of eluded to this in the other thread I started a couple weeks ago about how many safeties we have committed compared to CBs....and also, I want to re-iterate we did not cool on Dixon, we wanted him extremely bad. That being said....

I have heard that in the past couple weeks we started having the conversations with Dixon saying "you're in or we don't have a spot right now for you". Again, they weren't saying "now or never". But, we have a couple other guys that are projected at safety that frankly if Dixon stays committed we don't have room for. And the staff is well aware that Dixon wants an LSU offer, and he is visiting elsewhere, and hasn't even visited us with chances and invitations to do so. We aren't going to say no to guys we think can help our team, and hold a spot for Dixon who isn't the most solid verbal right now. Again, to re-iterate, we wanted Dixon bad. We didn't push him out, but it was more of a "if you are going to take other visits still, why don't you just re-open things up and keep us in the mix" (not exactly how it went but you know).

I still see us taking 3 HS safeties and possibly a JUCO safety...

Again that's a source of mine that has been wrong and has been right....it's not written in stone that that is what happened, but it makes sense to me. And just giving a little more food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back