• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Trevell Dixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jslsker

Recruit
2 Year Member
Is now a Sun Devil commit.

Can't say this shocks me. Something hasn't sat right with him ever since Raymond left

Last edited:

Well we have flipped two guys ourselves this season so I guess we can't complain....all if fair in love and recruiting....

New confirmation is that he did not commit to ASU, but he now considers himself open.

He is still interested in us

Two words: Larry Porter

I have mentioned him on here several times. IMPO, along with Ed Orgeron, Rodney Garner, Rob Ianello, Trooper Taylor, Tosh Lupoi, Luke Fickell, Larry Johnson and a select few others, Porter is clearly in the discussion for best recruiter in the country.

Porter was born in Mississippi, went to HS in Georgia, went to college at Memphis and has coached LSU. He has as many ties to the south as anyone.

New confirmation is that he did not commit to ASU, but he now considers himself open.

Wants an LSU offer...but we have known that since he originally committed to Nebraska in January. I think Texas A&M is a player still too and have been...

Curious where the information came from in the first place? Thanks...

Looks like Nebraska's class of 2013 has dropped to 12 members. Tre'vell Dixon of Baldwin, La., has decommitted, according to Scout.com. A 6-1, 195-pounder, Dixon apparently hasn't chosen a new school. So stay tuned.

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husk..._Extra/blog/nu_down_to_12_verbal_commits.html

Last edited:
The fact he has never attempted to visit Nebraska speaks volumes....I would think if he gets the LSU offer it will be a late one like Jones last year....frankly I'm actually glad he decommitted early....gives us tons of time to replace him...in that sense not a big deal....

Agree on LSU...we were a place-holder....

So be it....time to move on....we will be fine...:)

Best of luck to him where ever he ends up...

Priest Willis will be a great replacement for him...:)

Wants an LSU offer...but we have known that since he originally committed to Nebraska in January. I think Texas A&M is a player still too and have been...

Last edited:

The decommit was confirmed I agree (I posted it above)....but I've seen nothing that he committed to Arizona State and I looked....who reported that?

Scout FWIW is notorious for reporting bad information (i.e. he committed to Arizona State)....they get themselves in trouble every year it seems once or twice for this sort of stuff....

Scouts Southeast regional guy reported it first.

The Nebraska sites then confirmed the decommittment

Last edited:
The decommit was confirmed I agree (I posted it above)....but I've seen nothing that he committed to Arizona State and I looked....who reported that?

Scout FWIW is notorious for reporting bad information (i.e. he committed to Arizona State)....they get themselves in trouble every year it seems once or twice for this sort of stuff....

Mike Coppage posted it on BRR. He's been solid. If I remember correctly, he's the guy who reported Dixon's original committment

Scout as I said is the least reliable of the services....just ask HIO, FLAS etc....they suck....as far as this sort of information goes...they get wrong alot...

Mike Coppage posted it on BRR. He's been solid. If I remember correctly, he's the guy who reported Dixon's original committment

Yeah the LJS reported that in the blog....I think we all knew this one was on thin ice since a certain coach left to LSU.....so not really a surprise....I am actually glad he did it early or we pushed him to get onboard or not....which ever is the truth.....leaves us plenty of time to replace him....just my opinion however, I don't see him still considering Nebraska....

I'm told he's "open," and has not committed elsewhere.

Free content article from 247....HI.....

God Bless him.....I honestly think this 'romance' is over....I'd be surprised if he commits again to Nebraska...

Louisiana athlete Tre'vell Dixon confirmed to HuskersIllustrated.com on Friday evening that he has decommitted from Nebraska, but has not committed to another school.

He said Nebraska is still in the picture to eventually earn his commitment.

"I just needed more time," Dixon said of his decision to decommit.

Dixon initially committed to Nebraska in January without having visited Lincoln, and had yet to visit Lincoln before decommitting.

More here:

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Artic...d-TreVell-Dixon-decommits-from-Nebraska-80695

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back