• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Traveling to a game? Boycott Budget Car Rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to divert from your issue with Budget, I recently had an experience with Verizon Wireless that left me holding the bag on an iPhone rebate. I simply want to say we seem to be living in a different world when it comes to customer service with major corporations. Besides boycotting these companies I would warn any of you to stay away from any company that overly complicates "process." It seems it's becoming a modus operandi for hiking sales in an increasingly tough competitive environment.

This is why I always choose to drive rather than fly. And I drive my own vehicle everywhere.

Very unfortunate and very irritating for you, I'm sure, David. Hope it is resolved.

Email sent, also posted to FB and #tagged Budget and Avis. Not that I have a lot of folks that will see it, but may help garner some more hits for you.

True story. I read this thread in the front seat of an Avis van we rented this weekend. Told my wife it'll be the last time we take an Avis van.

What a bunch of crooks. I'm halfway surprised they didn't try the "impartial" third party mediator route. Let me warn any and all of you against this bogus tract companies will attempt to take. I did it once and it won't ever happen again. Same thing goes with any dealing with the Better Business Bureau. I'm with you, Max. Take them out legally in court if necessary.

I'll disclose that I work for the company that owns Enterprise, Alamo, and National. No rental or customer service employees get promoted unless their customer service ratings are high no matter how great they are doing money-wise. Those three companies have been rated the top three in customer service for years.

Here is the e-mail I just sent to the address you provided David:

I have shared David Maxs' account of his dealings with your company via word of mouth, social media and e-mail. You have obviously deliberately ignored the information he has given you. No company who does business the way you are in this matter should be allowed to stay in business. I am encouraging all my friends and business associates to boycott your company. David has MORE than proven he is in the right. Now it is your turn to make things right.

http://www.huskermax.com/BoycottBudget/

I also posted the link to my Facebook account.

Read more at http://www.huskermax.com/BoycottBudget/#BdfW7Z4cJU61xxXF.99

I emailed from two different email accounts.

Would be funny to see their reaction tomorrow morning as they open the inbox to hundreds or thousands of these emails, ha

Oh and I always use National or Enterprise...mostly because of our corporate agreement, but they have always been great.

I always use Hertz so I won't be using Budget anyway. This incident is similar to the multiple incidents I have had with United Airlines over the past year. I always used to fly United (well over 1M miles with them), but given the fact that I have had multiple issues with them recently and absolutely crap customer service experiences, I have now shifted my business over to Delta. So far, so good.

email sent.

Some of these companies have lost sight of the fact that they need us more than we need them. I'm also a little surprised Chase didn't provide you with more support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back