• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Transfer TE Arik Gilbert is N

The transfer is legit, no question. It’s a done deal. The waiver is necessary for immediate eligibility.

Again, Georgias number two TE was 2nd team all SEC
He's the real deal folks. Look for him to show early progress, if that happens, watch out

Reminds me some of Omar Manning -- but even more extreme.

From everything I've gathered, Gilbert has been dealing with mental health issues. He didn't play all of 2021 and most of 2022 due to these issues. FWIW, a Georgia fan on one of the videos about his transfer here said "off the field problems."

Kirby Smart has been very tight-lipped about what exactly kept Gilbert from playing, which has left many guessing. But there's no evidence of physical injuries.

Gilbert is the highest rated TE ever to come out of high school. So he's definitely worthy of the signing. I have to believe our staff learned fully about Arik's issues and feel confident they can turn his life on and off the football field around. Fingers crossed.

Reminds me some of Omar Manning -- but even more extreme.

From everything I've gathered, Gilbert has been dealing with mental health issues. He didn't play all of 2021 and most of 2022 due to these issues. FWIW, a Georgia fan on one of the videos about his transfer here said "off the field problems."

Kirby Smart has been very tight-lipped about what exactly kept Gilbert from playing, which has left many guessing. But there's no evidence of physical injuries.

Gilbert is the highest rated TE ever to come out of high school. So he's definitely worthy of the signing. I have to believe our staff learned fully about Arik's issues and feel confident they can turn his life on and off the football field around. Fingers crossed.
Agreed. More relatable, younger and no NC to nourish, more time for the kids, including Arik

Personal medical issues
Juan Pablo Di Pace Movie GIF by Paramount Network

Hopefully he realizes that this is his last chance to live up to his potential and redeem himself. Has major, major talent but just has do all the little things it takes to be successful.
More concerned that he graduates and gets a degree . Who knows what his potential is after that? Hopefully he’ll one day be able to help someone else football is just a way to get there.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back