• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Transfer TE Arik Gilbert is N

Big pickup in a position of need

I just am having a hard time understanding why the previous staff didn't use all the amenities that NU has to offer like this staff has done so far. Landing 5***** transfers is unheard of for NU. Now if they can only translate this to more wins........

Sounds like a situation where hopefully both parties can help each other be better. Everyone loves a great comeback story.

I just am having a hard time understanding why the previous staff didn't use all the amenities that NU has to offer like this staff has done so far. Landing 5***** transfers is unheard of for NU. Now if they can only translate this to more wins........
I wonder if they thought they wouldn't come here so didn't really try! This staff really goes after them

Human Side: Arik and his family acknowledge and are self aware of his mental health and struggles. So, its easy to cheer for him and hope for the best with his battles ahead, staying in school, playing football, member of society.

Football Side: It seems as though Nebraska has touted its resources to help student athletes. I've read it numerous times, but I don't really know what all the resources are without speculating.

So, If Nebraska can help this young man succeed in football and succeed in school, not only is it a great human success story, but from the business side it could also be a positive recruiting draw-having strong mental health resources from Mental Health getting a lot more awareness and Arik Gilbert being high profile.

No question this kid has all the physical tools. Let's hope that whatever personal issues there were that hindered him the past are behind him.

We could have a really scary tight end combo with Gilbert and Fidone if both are healthy.
what are the personal issues? Edit: no need to answer, thread did that.

Last edited:
Yeah, a lot of people are excited for this get, and for good reason, but there's a legit reason why he hasn't been a top guy at his previous spots. A freak athlete, no doubt, but I wouldn't get too confident over how productive or successful he can actually be. All we can do is hope for the best and pray that he gets the medication and support he needs to succeed. Rhule & Co. have their work cut out for them.
Bummer, I hope he gets help. What a buzz kill.

I understand every player comes with risk. Its nice to have a higher ceiling on risks when you can. My only concern......one that I'm sure this staff has weighed is the fast approaching need to cut about 10 scholarship players. Is this the best year to risk keeping a player with so many question marks while needing to cut 10 other guys?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back