• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Transfer Portal Rankings; Huskers Rise To #6 In Latest Rankings

Just shows you how subjective recruiting and player evaluations are. Plus services are just now getting into trying to capitalize/take advantage of the portal phenomenon. They don't quite have a reliable or consensus system in place for judging it.

In a way, it's easier to judge some of the transfers and anticipate the impact they'll have at their new school, but at the same time, it also depends on each individual case. Why are they leaving? Was it their decision? Were they essentially processed by their previous school? Are they a fit in your system? Are they hard workers? Are they injury prone?

Most people thought Tyreke Johnson would be in the 2-deep immediately last year and then be starting somewhere in the secondary this season. That guys a complete non-factor. Same for Markese Stepp. People loved the idea that they were highly rated recruits and were coming from elite programs.

With over 2000 kids currently in the portal, I think Frost would be smart to hire a group of guys who only deal with that. Billy Napier hired multiple NFL scouts to his recruiting operation at Florida. I love that guys vision.

Maybe Frost's crew will reach out or read through your material.. you seem to have a good handle on this... i appreciate that!

Just shows you how subjective recruiting and player evaluations are. Plus services are just now getting into trying to capitalize/take advantage of the portal phenomenon. They don't quite have a reliable or consensus system in place for judging it.

In a way, it's easier to judge some of the transfers and anticipate the impact they'll have at their new school, but at the same time, it also depends on each individual case. Why are they leaving? Was it their decision? Were they essentially processed by their previous school? Are they a fit in your system? Are they hard workers? Are they injury prone?

Most people thought Tyreke Johnson would be in the 2-deep immediately last year and then be starting somewhere in the secondary this season. That guys a complete non-factor. Same for Markese Stepp. People loved the idea that they were highly rated recruits and were coming from elite programs.

With over 2000 kids currently in the portal, I think Frost would be smart to hire a group of guys who only deal with that. Billy Napier hired multiple NFL scouts to his recruiting operation at Florida. I love that guys vision.
Just curious, is Napier going to build a monster at Florida? Are you as high on him as you were with Cristobal at Oregon?

Just curious, is Napier going to build a monster at Florida? Are you as high on him as you were with Cristobal at Oregon?

I'm a huge Napier fan. Have been for a while. That guy has had a plan in place for when he took over a prominent program and waited for the right opportunity. A lot of coaches that have success like him at a Group of Five school or a lower tier Power Five school are quick to grab the first opportunity they get at a prominent school. But Napier had a checklist and he wasn't gonna leave Louisiana until a schools AD and administration okayed what he wanted.

Napier turned down overtures or offers from Auburn, Tennessee, South Carolina, Arkansas, Mississippi State, Baylor and Ole Miss - that I know of, because he didn't get everything he wanted, and I'm not talking personal salary. He wanted a big assistant coach salary pool, the ability to build a recruiting and coaching infrastructure that mirrored what he saw when he was with Saban at Alabama. And he's done that.

I've paid close attention to his start at Florida. I really, really like the staff he's put together. Not only that, but outside of the 10 standard assistants he has, he's hired around 40 off the field coaches; analysts, quality control coaches, recruiting staffers, NIL experts, etc.

Napier is really forward thinking. Now, of course this isn't Madden, so there's a lot of cohesion, leadership and culture that needs to be established, but I like his vision and what he's done. I wouldn't bet against him turning Florida into a program that's eventually on even footing with Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State and Clemson.

Just curious as to how we are ranked so high in the portal rankings. If I am reading this correctly, we lost 13 to the portal and gained 12 but our losses are ranked higher than those we gained. Is that correct and if so are other schools just losing MORE ground than Nebraska?

I read that article and laughed to myself. Nationally, the perception is that Nebraska is cleaning up in the portal this offseason. I've had Duck and Beaver fans text me about it.

But typical lazy B1G beat writers put NU at the bottom of the conference in their rankings, go figure.

National recruiting services trying to cash in on Husker fandom. :thumbsup:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back