• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tour De France

Anyone else here watching The Tour?

I have for years, and love it.

The strength and endurance these riders display I believe to be unmatched in any other sport.

Most physically demnading event on earth imo.

Tadej Pogacar is a beast. Truly all of them are.

Incredible.
used to watch it when i was younger and my family owned bicycle shops, gotten out of it since my 30s. i catch highlights everyonce in awhile. need to get back on the bicycle.......

i agree on the physical demand, its by far the best exercise anyone can get.

I have a hard time watching without someone to root for. It was fun to follow back when Lance Armstrong was dominating (albeit we later found out with assistance). Definitely a grueling sport and much respect for those competitors.
yeah, he gave shame to all of us "lance's" out there...

I do, but when NBC sports went away and USA picked it up it's not the same. the telecast starts about half way through the race. And now the British open is on USA. So i won't pick it up until next Tuesday. One thing that NBC sports did was to rerun in the evening. But now that USA has it that is not happening. I won't buy the streaming service (Peacock) to watch it. The Mrs. just informed me that the tour is DVR'd. so I guess I can watch it tonight after all.

I've watched for years. This is the first year I've paid. It is I believe $9 or $10 bucks for the Peacock streaming, which I will cancel after the Tour, but it is BY FAR the best coverage I have ever seen. No commercials and every minute is covered with side specials into the riders. Nicolas Roche answers so many questions of the intricasies of the race, going into everything as far as feeding to actual operations in the team cars with everything in between. Really good.

Vingegaard and Jumbo have a team I believe is to much to beat this year.

Pogacar can attack, but even with his team full strength (now decimated with Covid) which it isn, I don't believe he has it to make up 2:22.

Kid is a fighter and attacker though. He won't quit.

Pogacar can attack, but even with his team full strength (now decimated with Covid) which it isn, I don't believe he has it to make up 2:22.

I hope the USA network rethinks how they broadcast the Tour!!

Vingegaard has the by far stronger team in JUMBO, which is why Pogacar bonked on that stage Vingegaard won. If Pogacar is going to do it has to be in these next two mountain stages, the TT just isn't long enough and they are too evenly matched. Giving the nod to Vingegaard to win the Tour, mainly because he has Wout on his team, but Pogacar will give it all he's got and could even blow up again attacking.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back