• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Touchdown Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

redarmy

Starter
5 Year Member
Off the front page they are counting down the longest TD runs these are the previous 5

Related: 80 yards: Phillips steps on gas, sets tone
Related: 81 yards: Nebraska's All-American boyRelated: 82 yards: SI jinx hits Huskers, but not Berns
Related: 83 yards: DeJuan doubles down
Related: 84 yards: Rathman scores one for fullbacks

79 yard Punt Return by Fullman with Rucker knocking the KSU lad out with a vicious hit. It took me a little while to determine that the kids head was not in the helmet rolling around on the ground. One of the biggest hits in my years of watching football.

a couple of takes from the previous 5:

the fact that Rathman scored on a 84 yard romp as a fullback is amazing when you think about it. He must of gotten some help from the buffalo wild wings sprinkler operator.

I remember the Phillips romp like it was yesterday. I was juiced for the 95' season to begin with and it was a late start in Stillwater I think 5pm start if I remember correctly. Still wonder what LP would have done that year had he not gone postal box on that young lady.

Taylor to Bell, the good ole days. I often forget how good of a team the 87' team was. Had we been able to beat OU that year, who knows what might have been.

Rathman was deceptively fast and was a pretty good athlete top to bottom. He makes a great cut to get open on that 84-yd run and some nice moves along the way.

wow, it's offseason and we have threads about Craig James on the husker football page. Not sure why nobody is in the mood to reminisce about some of the greatest husker plays in our storied history? oh well.

77yard Johnny Rodgers punt return against Bama in a lopsided 1 vs 2 national title game. This was before my time, I was 5 years old. Bryant and Mccartney had this in common. They both chose to put the ball to a dangerous return guy in a NC game. At least Maccarthy escaped that bad decision with a holding call. I have heard that Mac ordered his punter to kick out of bounds and that he missed. :Biggrin:

touchdown! Touchdown! Touchdown! Tommy FRAZZZZZZZIERRRRRRR!

This 75 yarder was a snapshot of TF's career at NU, never quit, never give up, always giving 110%.

This play made the Eddie George Heisman look even worse than it was.

Joe Walker with a 71 yard int return against the ksu wild kittens. Ah....nice. Joe was an underrated husker. He was talented.

fryar goes for 70, then 68, then Rozier goes 71. wonder if Fromo was old enough to enjoy this game?

Solich goes gangsta? Up 52-17 in the Alamo bowl in 2000, Frank calls a backwards pass to Newcombe and Newcombe airs it out to Davidson for a 69 yard TD. Nice..................

I would like to get back to thumping the wildkittens sooner than later.

Last edited:

Helu goes for 66 against Missu 10'. This was a big big run for us. We jumped on Mizzu and then held on for a hard fought win especially in the 2nd half. With Taylor going down, we needed every pt we could get. I often wondered what that game would have looked like without the big plays we turned in.

Helu goes for 66 against Missu 10'. This was a big big run for us. We jumped on Mizzu and then held on for a hard fought win especially in the 2nd half. With Taylor going down, we needed every pt we could get. I often wondered what that game would have looked like without the big plays we turned in.

Mizzou got Pinkled that day. coming out 5 wide against Pelini's defense? Not much threat of a run...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back