• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Touchdown Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Childs 65 yd against ASU in 1995. That was the first husker game I attended. Couldn't have worked out any better. GBR!

Mizzou got Pinkled that day. coming out 5 wide against Pelini's defense? Not much threat of a run...

yeah, I was concerned when we stalled on offense but our defense help up in the 4th quarter.

Childs 65 yd against ASU in 1995. That was the first husker game I attended. Couldn't have worked out any better. GBR!

nice. 95' was memorable year for me in so many ways, I can remember thinking wow, I am a decade removed from that year and now I look at all 4 of children and only 1 of them was born at the time. 17 years flew by fast.

Let's speculate and jump ahead...

Obviously when you get into the shorter distances you have many more candidates...

1 Yard - Tagge's sneak for TD against LSU in 1971 OB to put us ahead (but with 9 minutes to go)... anyone remember the down? Third? Fourth? I'm guessing it was third down, a press report talked about Kinney's third down reception at the five and that three plays later Tagge scored. Our first NC when our defense held. Although Paul Rogers would have been automatic with a FG, you really wanted to be up by five rather than one, especially since LSU had burned our D in the first part of the second half.

2 Yard - Kinney TD run against OU in 1971 GofC to win the game. Once again the down escapes me... I want to think it was third down. One press report said he carried four straight times for fifteen yards, the last being the two yard run...

15 & 16 Yards - Corey Schlessinger for his two TD runs against The U... in the Fourth Quarter of the 1995 Orange Bowl.

Last edited:

Let's speculate and jump ahead...

Obviously when you get into the shorter distances you have many more candidates...

1 Yard - Tagge's sneak for TD against LSU in 1971 OB to put us ahead (but with 9 minutes to go)... anyone remember the down? Third? Fourth? I'm guessing it was third down, a press report talked about Kinney's third down reception at the five and that three plays later Tagge scored. Our first NC when our defense held. Although Paul Rogers would have been automatic with a FG, you really wanted to be up by five rather than one, especially since LSU had burned our D in the first part of the second half.

2 Yard - Kinney TD run against OU in 1971 GofC to win the game. Once again the down escapes me... I want to think it was third down. One press report said he carried four straight times for fifteen yards, the last being the two yard run...

15 & 16 Yards - Corey Schlessinger for his two TD runs against The U... in the Fourth Quarter of the 1995 Orange Bowl.

Schlessinger's runs are a good pick. I am guessing Matt Davidson's 12 yard miracle catch off of wiggins foot might make the list as well.

Schlessinger's runs are a good pick. I am guessing Matt Davidson's 12 yard miracle catch off of wiggins foot might make the list as well.
Yep, Davidson's has to...

I can see perhaps you wouldn't give both 15 & 16 to Corey, especially if there is another very significant one at that distance... but these were both emblematic of that game and the seasons to come... symbolically as important as Frazier's 75 yarder against Florida... and vastly more important to the outcome of the game and season... Also the pro careers of the Miami D's top players speaks volumes to the caliber of the Defense faced... also, Schlesinger had a very fine pro career, too... I realize it isn't really fair to bring in Pro careers, but they do serve to emphasize that these players were of the highest caliber.

Last edited:

http://huskerextra.com/sports/huskers/football/article_94c5511c-ec13-51e5-9038-d8bfd68e8001.html

This was an amazing turn of fortune for the skers. We were brain dead thru 3 quarters. I had pretty much lost hope. Watching big mouth gabbart beat us was just too much. And then this play! It infused hope and life in our offense and produced an amazing 4th quarter comeback. To do it in a driving rain storm makes it even more amazing. I went to bed that night a happy camper. :Biggrin:

This was one of my all time favorite Husker games. What a great feeling at the end of that one!

How many yards did Dan Alexander rip off against CU when he outran world class sprinter, Ben Kelly?

My all time favorite long run!

Here's the 51-yard play:

[video=youtube;ORpQuD1pde0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORpQuD1pde0&feature=relmfu[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back