• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Tommy Armstrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

He should have had 15 or more additional INT's this season if any one with decent hands were playing defense... He is not a throwing QB by any stretch of the imagination...

That is the silliest argument made. They were dropped passes (INTs) because they WEREN'T caught.....simple as that. Should've means nothing, because just like those DBs have dropped some Armstrong passes this season, so has some of our own WRs. DBs normally don't have the best hands on the team, because if they did, they would be on the other side of the ball. This season only 4 DBs have more INTs than Nate Gerry (5). Does that mean no DB across the nation has decent hands, or that they are consistently our of position, or that most QBs in the nation have great accuracy?.......

Armstrong threw some head scratchers. But his overall performance was one of the best in a bowl game by any QB in our history. He was 32/51 for 381 yards, 3 TDs, one INT (that I questioned as I though it hit the ground, but oh well). He also had a rushing TD. He did all he could possibly do to help the team win that game. It amazes me how fans showcase how much they don't have a clue of what goes on down on the field.

Give Armstrong time (just like any QB) and he makes plays. Can we actually say that Armstrong has had that consistently this whole season. Can't even say that in this game, yet 400+ total yards with 4 TDs and 1 Turnover is what he is accounted for. And this is a reason for a thread of 10+ pages talking about how he doesn't deserve to be the starting QB....Wow......how clueless can people be......so quick to write a kid off, forget that he is an underclassman, because they want to cheer on a guy who wasn't even able to get himself in the top 2 positions of the depth chart..

I personally, would like to see how each of these kids pick up Riley's system and look forward to an actual position coach be present to help these kids develop without them having to come out of pocket for someone's one on one camp. If Armstrong is to be unseated, it should be because the next guy did what he had to do to showcase that he is worthy of walking out on the field, not because Armstrong hasn't been able to excel doing something he was never even recruited to do. And regardless, he still had a more than decent season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back