• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Tired of the Press

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant disagree with the comment about his poor pocket awarenes, but I do agree in saying the QB should have known that guy was going to blindside him is pretty poor.

His pocket awareness is sub-par, but that particular play isnt his fault.

Aren't linemen taught to verbally tell the QB to watch his back, like yelling "Lookout!" I recall the days of Fran Tarkington and he'd hear "Watch out!" nearly every play. That dude was one of the best scramblers, by necessity.

Aren't linemen taught to verbally tell the QB to watch his back, like yelling "Lookout!" I recall the days of Fran Tarkington and he'd hear "Watch out!" nearly every play. That dude was one of the best scramblers, by necessity.

:lol: if youre serious,

:lol: if youre not serious.

Maybe on a field with about 400 fans in the stands, on a field with over 100,000 fans screaming, doubt he could even hear himself talk.

Lineman are taught that if they get beat, do anything and everything possible to prevent the QB from getting destroyed. Hell, hold or tackle the guy on that play. Believe me when I say Id much rather take a holding penalty than the Sunday film review ass chewing from the coaches ANY day.

Agree on Tarkington I bet he was all world at dodge ball as a kid.

Last edited:
Maybe on a field with about 400 fans in the stands, on a field with over 100,000 fans screaming, doubt he could even hear himself talk.

Lineman are taught that if they get beat, do anything and everything possible to prevent the QB from getting destroyed. Hell, hold or tackle the guy on that play. Believe me when I say Id much rather take a holding penalty than the Sunday film review ass chewing from the coaches ANY day.

Agree on Tarkington I bet he was all world at dodge ball as a kid.

If that's the case, either our guys aren't being taught or they're not learning.

If that's the case, either our guys aren't being taught or they're not learning.

If it were me, I woulda cut the hell out of that d-end a couple times and let him ponder that. Nothing gets in a d-linemans head more than a good facemask to the knees/shins.

Last edited:

Maybe because they dont care for him. :eek:

I recall 2 years ago when taylor would get re-injured, people would just walk past him back to the huddle, no one going over to check on him or anything. Who knows.

I know I have been yelling 'Watch Out'. The man must be deaf.:Biggrin:

The first pick was a great play by the CB. Doesn't matter if he knew it was coming or not. The CB still has to execute to make that play. The pass wasn't underthrown, just off target by about a foot. If the ball goes outside shoulder, the receiver makes the catch and the CB gets burned as he's not in position to make the tackle. I also agree on the third pick. He threw a deep ball down the middle where there was help over the top. He was trying to make something happen, as it was at a point in the game where we needed something to happen. Normally, he probably doesn't throw that pass once he see the coverage develop on the route.

He's not good with the press, but I really don't care if he is or not. It has no bearing in how he perfoms on gameday. Athletes need to have confidence to perform at a high level. They can't be stuck in the past, constantly worrying about mistakes they made the week before. If they are, it is going to hamper their performance going forward. Learn from the mistakes, and move on.

1. I agree that athlete's need to have confidence to perform well.

2. He has no pressure on him from any of the back up QBs. He's not going to be benched no matter how poorly he plays and he knows that. Therefore constantly worrying about his mistakes shouldn't be an issue for him.

3. Learning from one's mistakes is one of life's best teachers. T-Mart is a three year starter who still makes many of the same mistakes that he was making as a Freshman. I think we've seen who and what T-Mart is and I don't think that will ever change dramatically.

The bottom line is that we can make all of the excuses we want but there's no way he can turn the ball over four times in a big game and expect to, a) win the game and, b) not be asked about it.

2. He has no pressure on him from any of the back up QBs. He's not going to be benched no matter how poorly he plays and he knows that. Therefore constantly worrying about his mistakes shouldn't be an issue for him.

3. Learning from one's mistakes is one of life's best teachers. T-Mart is a three year starter who still makes many of the same mistakes that he was making as a Freshman. I think we've seen who and what T-Mart is and I don't think that will ever change dramatically.

The bottom line is that we can make all of the excuses we want but there's no way he can turn the ball over four times in a big game and expect to, a) win the game and, b) not be asked about it.

I got it!!

Lets give Martinez a blackshirt!!

I think the state of Nebraska would literally implode on itself :lol:

Kid in eastern Colorado: "Whats that giant mushroom cloud dad?"

Father in eastern Colorado: "Thats the entire state of Nebraska blowing up after Pelini just handed out the only blackshirt of the season to their QB, son."

Last edited:
I know I have been yelling 'Watch Out'. The man must be deaf.:Biggrin:

not sure anyone is complaining about the blindside fumble, I think carrying the ball with one hand while going through traffic is the main complaint with fumbles. the passes were clearly as follows 1. thrown behind the reciever by 3 feet from where the ball should have been, could not have been picked if thrown in front of Enunwa. 2. a stretch to think this pass wasn't supposed to thrown to the sideline. 3. check the footwork, positioning and the javelin throw. simply a relapse into his old form. personally I think Taylor could have made the throw with proper technique. having said all that, mistakes can always be corrected but one first has to aknowledge a mistake was made. why correct it if you dont think a mistake was made. very disappointing.

Boo hoo...sniff sniff.

Couldn't really hear the questions but based on his answers it doesn't seem like it was that bad of a grilling. Hard to tell also who is asking the questions.

He's the QB. He's gonna get the questions.
I missed where the press scored 63 points on Nebraska.

Not sure if that explains it completely for TM either. I've a feeling that verbal expression is not exactly a strong suit for him. He's a fish out of water behind a microphone.

...that fish out of water also describes him under center in pressure situations. He is obviously not a true leader on this team. His pressers don't exhibit leadership and accountability.
As far as the Dirk haters, open up your eyes...Dirk was right about what he wrote last year and continues to ask the questions. If Bo or Martinez won't answer questions, that opens the door up for sportwriters to form opinions. The opinions of Dirk and Barfy don't always jive with Husker apologists on this board and also named Steve Sipple

Last edited:
I really hope not. I really hope they are not playing well because they are not coached well or are just not the caliber of athlete that we need, not because they don't like him. While I understand these guys are kids/young adults I really find it hard that they are not playing there hardest just because they don't like/respect him.
It's been pointed out numerous times that Tommie Frazier's teammates didn't like him. The upshot -- he wasn't sacked once his senior year. TM is not getting poor pass blocking because the OL doesn't like him.

Last edited:

Good post Ref!

It's been pointed out numerous times that Tommie Frazier's teammates didn't like him. The upshot -- he wasn't sacked once his senior year. TM is not getting poor pass blocking because the OL doesn't like him.

Don't claim to be a body language expert, but it seems to me that TM has much better camaraderie on the sideline this year than he did two years ago. I've been as hard on him as anyone; however, he's made strides in the teammate department, his game management is improving and it was evident early on in the season that he worked hard on his throwing motion over the summer, so I give him credit for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back