• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

TIME FOR THE NEW POLL! COLLEGE FOOTBALL THIS FALL?

What's your best guess?

• Season cancelled

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Condensed schedule, football as usual

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Condensed schedule, no fans

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Season as usual, fans allowed

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I pray there is football. I am not excited about an altered schedule playing Iowa and Wiscy twice. The non-conf games would help us get wins. If we have a bad year, we are set back AGAIN. Recruiting will suffer. Again. But I guess it’s better than nothing? If we have a player that tests positive do we forfeit games? How many?

My office just extended our wfh “at the earliest” until Sept—in a state where it will be 110 until then. If the pro sports are dragging their feet, is that a good omen? I just don’t know.
Football is going to happen - the naysayers/negativists simply want to spread their gloom and doom.

Being down 2 or 3 months is one thing ... but the entire collegiate athletic infrastructure is dependent on college football. Athletic directors and the 1,000's of people who work directly and indirectly for the athletic department, as well as the existence of non-revenue sports ... their very survival is dependent on collegiate football.

The SEC is going to play football this year - virtually guaranteed. The B1G, ACC, B12 will soon follow. Who cares about the PAC12! Let them wallow in their self-created stew.

What will happen I think is that schools will begin to research and game-plan rainy funds and disaster scenarios for events like this down-the-road ... but the NCAA is allowing having football and basketball players return to campus starting June 1st. If Alabama is going to do it almost certainly so will tOSU which begets Michigan ...

What Notre Dame just announced is interesting.

1. If not enough test kits, campus is closed. Otherwise,
2. Students coming two weeks early.
3. Probable abbreviated football schedule (with 5 ACC schools). No fans.
4. Semester is over by Thanksgiving and students go home.
5. Dedicated quarantine center for those testing positive and contacts.

That pole shows it’s a total crapshoot.
1590170350350.jpeg

Looks like a solid pole to me.

Last edited:

The goalpost will likely continue to move on #1 so it won't be attainable.

Here is why school needs to open.

Since Feburary, there have been over 8,165 deaths in the 15-24 age group. 76 were coded with some relation to COVID 19. But if you look at that category total, it is over 130k, which is about 50% too high. The actual number where COVID was the cause would be closer to 50, at best. Deaths for that same age group covering the same time period for influenza were 46. Regardless, any school would be closing to try and avoid less than 1% of deaths in that age range while the other 99%+ would still remain.

Then when you consider only around 15% of students live on campus, what is the real issue here? More kids live with their parents and the majority live off campus.

This whole concept of isolating a low risk group like this is insanity. Open campus and give people the choice. Offer online if they feel uncomfortable or get sick and need to keep away from class. Dorm number will likely go down voluntarily, so try to do as much single rooms as possible.

The alternative is to give them no where to go but home where most will be exposing more vulnerable populations to their exposures.

Those two are also currently being discussed at UNL. Also limiting the number of students in large classrooms. If they only want 65 students in a 200+ seat auditorium on east campus, how are they going to allow Memorial Stadium to be at capacity?

Those two are also currently being discussed at UNL. Also limiting the number of students in large classrooms. If they only want 65 students in a 200+ seat auditorium on east campus, how are they going to allow Memorial Stadium to be at capacity?

Moos was quoted as saying something like “if we can only have 40k fans, then it will still be a sell out”. I think he is tipping his hand for less fans?

GET TICKETS

Back