• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Thoughts on the big Husker win

Reading through vb threads and this one made me chuckle. Always funny to see someone get offended when their inconsistent thought process is called out. Your comment NU “seldom” had more than one or two was an odd exception to your idea of right and wrong, reads like it’s wrong when others do it but not when I occasionally do it. Can’t get more inconsistent than that. And rather than address the hypocrisy in your stance you try to pivot to make it about me. When someone will not defend what they said it almost always means they know they can’t. Fans can be biased and unreasonable but why not admit it when you are and why get catty when called out for doing it?

So fast forward to today, now that we’ve passed your threshold of two transfers at a time are we now doing it the wrong way? Your only intellectually honest answers should be “yes, Nebraska is now doing it wrong” or “now that NU has three I’ve changed my mind”. Or for you does NU now play the we “seldom” do it card?

My opinion is every coach needs to position his program to win by signing the best players he can. I apply that opinion to the teams I like and the teams I don’t equally.
First of all, I didn't set a hard and fast threshold of what proper and what's not, so nice strawman. I'll also stand by a distinction between programs that primarily recruit and develop and those that poach the majority of their roster from others. Overall, I don't like the transfer situation in college athletics today, period. It's part of the game and coaches are forced to engage it at some level to compete but the portal and the rules (or lack thereof) around it are poorly conceived and ripe for abuse. IMO, it tears at the fabric of the game.

I disagree that it's on the coaches to do whatever that can when that often includes tampering. It's obvious from comments that the Creighton coach made and Emily Ehman shared on Twitter that tampering is common. it's perfectly rational to differentiate between programs that actively recruit off other teams rosters and those that "shop" the portal without tampering.

But you obviously have a better handle on it than a Division I coach. Thanks for enlightening us all.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back