• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

This video made me think

Only thing I could find is a collaboration of the Big Red Rally between NCN and 1890
Yes, doesn't seem they are connected. I don't know if 1890 has any exclusive deal with Adidas, my assumption is that they don't. If the Collective is going to truly build an environment to help facilitate NIL deals for athletes, it would actually be counterproductive for them to solely work with Adidas. Last thing you want to do is box out Nebraska athletes from getting sponsorship deals with other brands or hurt any leverage they might have.

I agree, don't bite the hand that feeds you. I'm not suggesting that they shouldn't be aware of the impact Adidas has on the athletic department. That said, I don't think it is a problem that a random reporter happened to wear a pair of Nike tennis shoes in an interview with an athlete.

Yes, doesn't seem they are connected. I don't know if 1890 has any exclusive deal with Adidas, my assumption is that they don't. If the Collective is going to truly build an environment to help facilitate NIL deals for athletes, it would actually be counterproductive for them to solely work with Adidas. Last thing you want to do is box out Nebraska athletes from getting sponsorship deals with other brands or hurt any leverage they might have.

I agree, don't bite the hand that feeds you. I'm not suggesting that they shouldn't be aware of the impact Adidas has on the athletic department. That said, I don't think it is a problem that a random reporter happened to wear a pair of Nike tennis shoes in an interview with an athlete.
Yep. With a misunderstanding in representation it all makes sense if you will.
I wonder how exclusive is the Adidas deal? Like dark eye paint or shoe strings. Nebraska can limit that too if they so choose so no ruffling of feathers occur, but monies going to make itself be seen in ever improving ways.

Last edited:
Yep. With a misunderstanding in representation it all makes sense if you will.
I wonder how exclusive is the Adidas deal? Like dark eye paint or shoe strings. Nebraska can limit that too if they so choose so no ruffling of feathers occur, but monies going to make itself be seen in ever improving ways.
Adidas is pretty heavily involved in the Nebraska athletic department. We are one of their remaining trademark schools.

1890's online shop has Adidas shirts available for purchase. They definitely make an effort to try and not alienate the relationship between Adidas and Nebraska. That said, they also have Titleist ProV1s available for purchase. Should they switch those to TaylorMade Pentas?

Even though 1890 does the athletic department's bidding, they aren't directly connected to the University. That divide is what allows for all the NIL money to get funneled in from boosters while keeping the school's nose clean with the NCAA.

Does News Channel Nebraska work for the 1890 Collective? They might have helped organize the interview, but that doesn't necessarily mean he works for them, the athletic department or the university. If I was a reporter, I certainly wouldn't be running out to buy a pair of Adidas shoes just so I could make the school's sponsor look good on TV.
Pretty sure they were calling it the 1890 show. That associates the two. Again the later video the guy wore casual dress type boots. So I did not say wear Adidas. At least I did not mean that. It was more NOT wearing a competitor shoe.

One minor issue. The interviewer. Working for 1890. Wall full of adidas balls. Riley wearing adidas gear. And this dude is wearing ratty old Nikes. Really? Potentially the biggest contributor to the collective and you dis them on your show?
And don’t think for one minute they don’t notice. Not sure it will happen again.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back