• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

This team plays with heart, scraps out wins and is fun to root for but...

Cornjob

Red Shirt
2 Year Member
I'm worried that some fans may be stupidly enjoying this season. How can they do that when Nebraska isn't a championship caliber team, isn't recruiting the most 5 star recruits and has such lousy coaches that they can't figure out how to take this M.A.S.H. unit to the conference championship game (although technically that could still happen)? Its almost like these fans just enjoy Nebraska football and are on board the rebuild. Its like they've been starving for a team that shows up ready to compete every Saturday, and gives them something positive to cheer for. Its like they'll just settle for seeing the outgoing seniors getting to a bowl game. Its like they are excited for the young speedsters who are starting to show up and make plays in relief of injured veterans. How can they not see that this team has flaws?!

Last edited:

You don’t go from zero to 100 instantly. Baby steps. In year 3 or 4 I don’t think fans will be happy if this is the team but this year after where NU has been the last bunch of years this is giving me lots of optimism.

BTW I’m hoping your post is filled with the sarcasm I was reading into it. :Banana:

Winking.jpg

I'm worried that some fans may be stupidly enjoying this season. How can they do that when Nebraska isn't a championship caliber team, isn't recruiting the most 5 star recruits and has such lousy coaches that they can't figure out how to take this M.A.S.H. unit to the conference championship game (although technically that could still happen)? Its almost like these fans just enjoy Nebraska football and are on board the rebuild. Its like they've been starving for a team that shows up ready to compete every Saturday, and gives them something positive to cheer for. Its like they'll just settle for seeing the outgoing seniors getting to a bowl game. Its like they are excited for the young speedsters who are starting to show up and make plays in relief of injured veterans. How can they not see that this team has flaws?!
Ht5XGx51aeV5m.gif

This will come as a shock, but you can simultaneously (a) enjoy the season and be happy that the team finally has a winning record, and (b) discuss ways in which the team can improve. In fact, this message board will get pretty boring if all we do is celebrate the fact that the team is no longer a dumpster fire.

The coaches tell us the goal is to get 1% better every day. They clearly believe in both enjoying the ride and getting better.

:Stirthepot:

This will come as a shock, but you can simultaneously (a) enjoy the season and be happy that the team finally has a winning record, and (b) discuss ways in which the team can improve.

Translation:
"kOoLAiDe drinker!"
"<coach> lover!"
"No insight!"
"kOoLAiDe drinker!"
"FUUUUUUURRRRRSSSSTTTT!"

Oh, and:
"kOoLAiDe drinker!"

Last edited:

year 2000 was overall a down year in college football. A lot of good teams... no great ones. .. I think FSU? won the championship in a very forgettable BCS game..

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back