• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

This is good news for NU

I’m hoping 8 in year 1.

All three non-cons. NW, Purdue and Maryland. Plus 2 out of Minnesota, Mich State, Iowa and Wisconsin.
It all depends on what we lose to the portal. 8 is not unrealistic if Casey comes back, Hausmann gets pulled back in, #44 sticks around etc.

You’re allowed one free portal transfer … next one requires you to sit out.

Of course there are other exceptions .. grad transfer, coaching change …
If its considered limited market that will stand.
If its found to be open market the one year sit out may end as well.

Given our commitment to NIL, there should be no excuse for Rhule not to win 8 games by year 2. Interesting we took a swing at Cade.

Sad that this is the perception of Nebraska by a college FB player:

That’s just what’s kind of crazy with all this stuff is because you’d be surprised that some of these schools like Nebraska, like some schools that you wouldn’t think have it all dialed in like that, they do…

We do understand that is the rule now with the one freebie but wasn’t like that a few years ago Unless a grad transfer. I can’t remember the reasoning that it changed but changing it back to no free year without some exceptions would stop a lot of the better players from a team to doing the “free agency” thing.

I think it would also help the impulsive “I’m not getting the playing time I deserve” guys that enter the portal and end up moving to a worse situatio.

There was a thought that Suh was a bust early at his time at DONU and I think I heard he almost transferred with the sit out rule. I wonder if that made a difference in him staying and thank goodness he did.

Ncaa somehow has to get this nailed down. It’s not supposed to be used as a recruiting tool. It’s supposed to be deals orchestrated only to people already on the team.
The NCAA was too stupid to recognize what was needed to prevent a situation like this from happening, I have zero belief they will be smart enough to wrangle it in. It sucks for college sports and the blame is 100% on the NCAA for their hard line stance against paying players.

Just needs a form of regulation to keep it all in check. NCAA could do it if they wanted to... But I bet they are sitting back thinking... "this is yalls mess, now yall clean it up"

It defeats the spirit of the ruling. It wouldnt surprise me the one year sit out rule gets challenged successfully
It wouldn’t surprise me, but unless they make student athletes employees they can’t treat them differently than regular students. I think the schools can make the argument that they are not preventing scholastic transfer of the athlete. They are just preventing them from athletic competition. I don’t how they can circumvent it without making it difficult for all students to transfer by collectively rejecting credits which would be a tough hill to climb or make them employees of separate but affiliated athletic teams. Then as employees they could take classes, but they wouldn’t be required to. The supreme didn’t force the freebie transfer rule. They should reinstate the sit out period unless the current coach signs off on it. If both parties are good with them leaving there’s no reason to sit out, but it would help prevent a lot of the crap going on behind the scenes with already enrolled student athletes.

Last edited:
Transfer Portal appears better than the Juco route. A team can turn around in a season. It appears only 40% of guys entering the portal find a team.

Last edited:

Transfer Portal appears better than the Juco route. A team can turn around in a season. It appears only 40% of guys entering the portal find a team.

I think the transfer portal is more like rolling dice. We all hope including the coaching staff that they do not roll snake eyes very often.

dice.gif

This all started with Sam Keller wanting a piece of the EA Sports pie.

Most of us saw this coming. Pretty much an open check book to sign kids.

The NCAA has to create some framework that limits the chasing of kids by other schools or businesses doing the work of other schools.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back