• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

This is good news for NU

I'm afraid there was only one purpose for installing the rule - it was illegal to not permit athletes to be paid. And if chaos comes of that, as it's starting to, that's the way it goes.

Maybe there will be a rule cutting back on it, and then we'll see what the courts have to say.

As for not being a recruiting incentive, I'm afraid high school students are also people so they are probably covered by the same rules as a freshman in college might be. Certainly other college players are covered. Right now, I think it is probably the most important recruiting tool. We may not like that, but no one asked us.

I'm afraid there was only one purpose for installing the rule - it was illegal to not permit athletes to be paid. And if chaos comes of that, as it's starting to, that's the way it goes.

Maybe there will be a rule cutting back on it, and then we'll see what the courts have to say.

As for not being a recruiting incentive, I'm afraid high school students are also people so they are probably covered by the same rules as a freshman in college might be. Certainly other college players are covered. Right now, I think it is probably the most important recruiting tool. We may not like that, but no one asked us.
Going to be tough holding onto players bottom up. Smaller schools/less monies

Given our commitment to NIL, there should be no excuse for Rhule not to win 8 games by year 2. Interesting we took a swing at Cade.

Do we really know how NU stacks up in terms of NIL dollars? How big is our war chest compared with other P5 programs?

Ncaa somehow has to get this nailed down. It’s not supposed to be used as a recruiting tool. It’s supposed to be deals orchestrated only to people already on the team.
Can not a company reach out to a player and say hey. Hey we sure would like to see you playing for ( invert school name) Like at Texas and Aston Martin.

Given our commitment to NIL, there should be no excuse for Rhule not to win 8 games by year 2. Interesting we took a swing at Cade.

I’m hoping 8 in year 1.

All three non-cons. NW, Purdue and Maryland. Plus 2 out of Minnesota, Mich State, Iowa and Wisconsin.

Ncaa somehow has to get this nailed down. It’s not supposed to be used as a recruiting tool. It’s supposed to be deals orchestrated only to people already on the team.
I’m not as worried about the high school recruits as I am with using the portal for leverage and recruiting athletes from other teams before they ever enter the portal.

Last edited:

Well we can’t live in an ideal world, we have to operate in the real world. And in the real world, given our rabid fan base willing to spend $$ this give us an advantage and an opportunity to get back to relevancy.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back