• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The way to early Bracketology

Not aging well; Iowa is killing it. :(

Agreed. Early season, I overvalued our lofty record and 20+ point win over Michigan. It sure looked like we had the firepower to be top 4 in the conference. Iowa has put their pieces together after what I thought was a trough mid-season...no longer sure what to make of Indiana after we beat them soundly and then Iowa beat them back-to-back. I thought highly of the way we beat them at the time, now it is not looking as quite as big of a win.

On the plus side, the women's B1G tournament should be full of interesting games.

New ESPN projection just came out. Greensboro Region.
1645547692166.png

Agreed. Early season, I overvalued our lofty record and 20+ point win over Michigan. It sure looked like we had the firepower to be top 4 in the conference. Iowa has put their pieces together after what I thought was a trough mid-season...no longer sure what to make of Indiana after we beat them soundly and then Iowa beat them back-to-back. I thought highly of the way we beat them at the time, now it is not looking as quite as big of a win.

On the plus side, the women's B1G tournament should be full of interesting games.

New ESPN projection just came out. Greensboro Region.
View attachment 78400
Indy's short bench is killing them.

While I do think Iowa is very good and picked them to finish the regular season 3-1, I don't think its approach to defense sets up well for the post season. Gave up 91 the other night to IU and still won; gave up 50 in the first half last night and won. But in those cavernous gyms of the post-season, they will have a bad shooting night, and don't seem to have an approach to defense that will carry them through.

New ESPN update = Spokane Region.

have the basketball team watch the volleyball win in Austin for extra motivation.

1645803411861.png

Last edited:

No longer 'way too early'... but, ESPN released updated brackets. Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Indiana all hosting. Indiana has lost 4 of last 5. Michigan has lost 3 of last 5. But, Big Ten co-champ Ohio State still languishing as a six-seed. And, ESPN still lobbying for U Conn to land in the Bridgeport, Connecticut region.

We're slated for Wichita Region. I'd like to see us get a couple of Big Ten tournament wins and move up to a 6-seed.

1646148096354.png

Massey Analytics moved us up to #23 which would be a 6-seed. Right in the mix with Big 10 co-champs Iowa and Ohio State.

Screenshot_20220305-100521_Chrome.jpg

It will be interesting to see how the Huskers do in the NCAAs. They win when they should — 11-0 out of conference and 10-2 against the eight unranked conference foes. And 3-6 against the five ranked conference teams I wish was better, but it shows they can get the upset. If they get a 6 seed, they need to beat a 3 seed to get to the sweet 16. Michigan will be a 3 seed, so it seems very possible.

I don’t get ESPN. Michigan and Maryland finish 3 and 4 in regular season and lose in the quarterfinals of the B1G tourney and are predicted by ESPN to be a 3 and 4 seed. OSU wins the regular season and wins its Quarterfinal in the tourney and is predicted to be a 6 seed? Makes no sense.
No argument with Iowa, Indiana, and Nebraska being 3, 4, and 6 seeds, respectively. Northwestern is first team out.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back