• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The way to early Bracketology

We'll see if ESPN updates their brackets today after Indiana's loss (had been a 2-seed) and Iowa's loss later last night (had been a 6-seed). They had us as a 7 and I don't see them moving us ahead of beloved Caitlyn Clark and the Hawkeyes. I mentioned to my Hawkeye wife during their prior game that the NCAA :)cough: ESPN) would do everything they can to get Clark into a position for hosting. Iowa draws well for onsite attendance and Clark is must-see TV for college women's basketball fans. Iowa plays Indiana twice in a 48-hour stretch coming up, the conference race is wide open. With only four games remaining, it seems like we'll not be able to get into the top 4, but our schedule is much easier than the others.

Massey (which is in no way used for actual bracketing) puts us as a 6-seed right now.
1644929797783.png

Remaining games - need to take care of business:
1644929849915.png

We'll see if ESPN updates their brackets today after Indiana's loss (had been a 2-seed) and Iowa's loss later last night (had been a 6-seed). They had us as a 7 and I don't see them moving us ahead of beloved Caitlyn Clark and the Hawkeyes. I mentioned to my Hawkeye wife during their prior game that the NCAA :)cough: ESPN) would do everything they can to get Clark into a position for hosting. Iowa draws well for onsite attendance and Clark is must-see TV for college women's basketball fans. Iowa plays Indiana twice in a 48-hour stretch coming up, the conference race is wide open. With only four games remaining, it seems like we'll not be able to get into the top 4, but our schedule is much easier than the others.

Massey (which is in no way used for actual bracketing) puts us as a 6-seed right now.
View attachment 78068

Remaining games - need to take care of business:
View attachment 78069
Didn't Iowa beat us twice and have two more wins than us in conference? Sounds like you a taking this ESPN conspiracy thing to personal. If you want to argue ESPN has us too low, go for it but to claim they are colluding to keep Iowa ahead of us when they beat us twice, have the best player in the game, and have a 2 game lead on us in the conference standings seems kind of silly.

Didn't Iowa beat us twice and have two more wins than us in conference? Sounds like you a taking this ESPN conspiracy thing to personal. If you want to argue ESPN has us too low, go for it but to claim they are colluding to keep Iowa ahead of us when they beat us twice, have the best player in the game, and have a 2 game lead on us in the conference standings seems kind of silly.

yes, we'll see if they end two games ahead. We also were missing our top two scorers in at least one of those games. I fully expect we'd stay behind them and that is where we deserve to be. But, I also expect Iowa to be slotted ahead of some other teams that 'maybe' they shouldn't be ahead of. Massey shows we really are mathematically about the same as Iowa.

New brackets are out - this would be interesting. Is in the Bridgeport Region, so presumably would get U Conn in Connecticut if we advance out of Ames.

1644937177474.png

yes, we'll see if they end two games ahead. We also were missing our top two scorers in at least one of those games. I fully expect we'd stay behind them and that is where we deserve to be. But, I also expect Iowa to be slotted ahead of some other teams that 'maybe' they shouldn't be ahead of. Massey shows we really are mathematically about the same as Iowa.

New brackets are out - this would be interesting. Is in the Bridgeport Region, so presumably would get U Conn in Connecticut if we advance out of Ames.

View attachment 78072
And teams have played Michigan when Leah Brown was out, and Indiana was missing one of its best players last night, etc. etc. Eventually you play who is on the schedule when and where the game can be played. Eventually your record and strength of schedule are what they say you are. Keep winning and our arguments get better.

View attachment 78072
Still don't think Iowa will be ahead of us by 2 games?

Still don't think Iowa will be ahead of us by 2 games?

Correct, I still don't think Iowa finishes ahead of us by more than a game. Not sure why you feel like gloating about an epic collapse. A timeout would have been helpful after the first 6 points of the big run.

Remaining games:
Nebraska:
Minnesota
at Wisconsin
Northwestern

Iowa:
at #5 Indiana
#5 Indiana
at Rutgers
#9 Michigan

It is possible that Iowa loses three of those, we 'should' win all three.

Final conference records:
Nebraska (11-7)
Iowa (11-7)

Last edited:
Correct, I still don't think Iowa finishes ahead of us by more than a game. Not sure why you feel like gloating about an epic collapse. A timeout would have been helpful after the first 6 points of the big run.

Remaining games:
Nebraska:
Minnesota
at Wisconsin
Northwestern

Iowa:
at #5 Indiana
#5 Indiana
at Rutgers
#9 Michigan

Nebraska (11-7)
Iowa (11-7)
It's possible, but I see Iowa going 3-1 in those games. Hope I'm wrong, as I have zero use for Iowa.

Remaining games:
Nebraska:
Minnesota
at Wisconsin
Northwestern

Iowa:
at #5 Indiana
#5 Indiana
at Rutgers
#9 Michigan

Nebraska (11-7)
Iowa (11-7)
We should’ve beat Penn State. I’m not gloating I just don’t understand the homerism. It would be one thing if we had split our series but you’re arguing that we are not getting the respect we deserve specifically in regards to Iowa. I just don’t understand how you can make any argument that isn’t totally biased in which Nebraska is getting jobed relative to Iowa.

Remaining games:
Nebraska:
Minnesota
at Wisconsin
Northwestern

Iowa:
at #5 Indiana
#5 Indiana
at Rutgers
#9 Michigan

Nebraska (11-7)
Iowa (11-7)
It looks like Iowa will host Michigan with a share of the Big 10 title at stake. Nebraska will likely play Nortwestern with the sixth seed up for grabs. I like the Huskers team a lot, but we have clearly performed below the 5 ranked conference teams.

Remaining games:
Nebraska:
Minnesota
at Wisconsin
Northwestern

Iowa:
at #5 Indiana
#5 Indiana
at Rutgers
#9 Michigan

Nebraska (11-7)
Iowa (11-7)
Not aging well; Iowa is killing it. :(

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back