• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked The Value of Having the Right QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a tough hard nosed QB can elevate the entire team! Tebow, Scott Frost, TF... etc! I remember SF unloading on a DB's and parking them in the cheap seats! Even EC ran very hard and wasn't afraid to lock horns with DB's!! TM has NEVER been what I'd call a hard running tough nosed QB. He can however take a beating and usually got back up... however that's not the same as hard running tough QB imo.

TA is a very tough kid and that attitude infects the entire team imo. That's not to say he really needs to stop tossing INT's and today would be a GREAT day to stop it! Beck HAS NOT put him in the best position to utilize his best skills imo. I sooooooooooo HATE when Beck has him dropping back into the pocket. TA stares down receivers and doesn't have a good feel how long he can hold the ball. Understandable that he doesn't but Beck could at least roll him out. On the edge he's dangerous and DB's are going to have to come up for run support. When that happens is when TA might make some big pass............... Don't have long to wait to see how Beck calls this one!!

I think a tough hard nosed QB can elevate the entire team! Tebow, Scott Frost, TF... etc! I remember SF unloading on a DB's and parking them in the cheap seats! Even EC ran very hard and wasn't afraid to lock horns with DB's!! TM has NEVER been what I'd call a hard running tough nosed QB. He can however take a beating and usually got back up... however that's not the same as hard running tough QB imo.

TA is a very tough kid and that attitude infects the entire team imo. That's not to say he really needs to stop tossing INT's and today would be a GREAT day to stop it! Beck HAS NOT put him in the best position to utilize his best skills imo. I sooooooooooo HATE when Beck has him dropping back into the pocket. TA stares down receivers and doesn't have a good feel how long he can hold the ball. Understandable that he doesn't but Beck could at least roll him out. On the edge he's dangerous and DB's are going to have to come up for run support. When that happens is when TA might make some big pass............... Don't have long to wait to see how Beck calls this one!!

Yep...only 1.5 more hours and we will find out.

This is Michigan. The winningest CF program of all time. Games against the traditional powers are always exciting, and they only happen 2 or 3 times a year at most. It is what we wait to see every year...those loooong waits during the dry off season.

The game we have been talking about and waiting to see for months. It has finally arrived!

Michigan versus Nebraska in the BIG House....how awesome! An opportunity to end Hoke's 19-game winning streak! How Cool!

This match-up won't happen again until 2018, so Let's do it...TODAY!

:huskerflag:

Last edited:
THE VALUE OF HAVING THE RIGHT QB

I think we have the right quarterback...and he is valuable.

Last edited:

Beck seems to be a very confused man smitten by the fancy play bug, and committed to mixing things up, and speeding up play, without a plan on how to do it effectively against the days' opponent.

Props to Beck tonight. He stayed with basic football, and played to TA's strengths, for the most part.

Still makes a lot of mistakes but never loses confidence. Thats a huge plus.

He is a damn good QB, too.

I recall Enunwa's fumble, Westerkamp's dropped punt, and two passes dropped by Bell, but I did not see any significant errors made by Armstrong. Perhaps you could enlighten us?

What I saw in TA was the leader of a game-winning drive, and a play-maker who gave us the lead with two minutes to go. The QB who ended Michigan's 19 game "BIG HOUSE" win streak. He is a Husker hero right now...that's it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back