• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked The official Ameer Abdullah please stay thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my!! I feel so dirty and self centered for wanting Ameer to stay at NU. Whatever could I have been thinking. I am so glad you pointed out the errors in my ways. :rolleyes:

thin skin doesnt work very well on a BBS...i guess you missed the smiley face. Then I forget some take every post soooooooooo seriously

I want Ameer to stay. If he leaves now, he will get instant money (pretty good money, too). If he stays here, the Huskers will be near the top (maybe at the top), he will be a top 10 Heisman contender and get a chance at much bigger money, one more year with his peeps and his best fans. Whatever you do is a gamble in life; I hope Ameer gambles one more year with Nebraska.

Last edited:
I'll shamelessly and selfishly join this page! Ameer, if you stay one more year, you will be a key component in what could be a really special year for the Huskers. Plus, you're my man! :thumbsup:

Nobody is going to blame the man for heading to the NFL. He will probably be drafted in the fifth or sixth round, earn a roster spot, and make some really solid cash. Not lifetime cash but solid non the less.

Head into his senior season with a full head of steam and the sky's the limit. I believe he has the ability to be a top three back nationally, be in the Heisman conversation, and prove himself to the NFL scouts. If he keeps improving like he has since he's been here he could enter into that elite player status and earn some of that first or second round money aka lifetime cash.

Right now he would be remembered as a really good runningback who left early for the NFL but if he stays and he could be remembered as one of the best all time. Life is risky but with great risk comes great reward.

I doubt AA is going anywhere. Regardless of where he is projected.

I want him to stay, but it has nothing to do with him "being a legend", he's consider one of the best backs NU has had in history even if he doesn't take another snap. He has back to back 1000 seasons and one is our first 1500 rusher RB since, what Green maybe? He has been a consistent threat for defenses for two seasons. He has nothing to prove, in the means of being considered a legend.

I want him to stay to enhance the team next year, not because he's is the only option, we will have multiple weapons and if he's to go, I have no doubt Newby/Taylor/or even Cross/Frazier will step their games up. That is the nature of the backs at NU and what Coach Brown births through his teaching.

Again, I'm not too worried about AA leaving as I have a strong belief, we will see him working out in Lincoln during Spring camp and ready to lead NU in the fall.

My advice to Ameer is to do what is best for him and his family (which I am sure he will do anyway).

[video=youtube;CoD87e2XTUw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoD87e2XTUw&list=PL8C7CDAC2636AAD27#t=27[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back