• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The impact of losing Phillip Simpson

A piece of the puzzle for sure.

Not sure I agree with the piece or Simpson being 'the key'.

We'll find out in the future.
Guessing he was similar to the Wager hire. Get a former HS coach who knows a bunch of other HS coaches in a recruiting hotbed. Both are gone now but am guessing both helped break the ice in respective areas.

Former player at Temple under MR, gave Homestead a state title, coached there 6 years. From the area.
Hope he's making more at FSU.

Maybe he had a hand in it? Maybe not? If he’s been a HC at a Miami area HS, he likely knows some dudes, better than many. How much of a difference? That’s a real guess, without direct knowledge.

As a side note, I’d love to see someone check out Bixby high school, Oklahoma, HC, Loren Montgomery. This guy has won 9/10, and 6 in a row, 6A championships at Oklahom’s highest class. They had won a state record 58 games in a row, until beaten in 2022 by Jenks, Oklahoma. This guy can obviously coach. Probably makes around $125,000 a year or so. He’s around 50, not young, or old.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back