• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Exodus (post Spring Game portal activity)

Wynn hurts. Hope there is another player in the portal we get with experience. Clark looked like a player but there is a glut at DB. Sanford absolutely deserves a scholarship. Dude makes plays. Tagge looks pretty good too.

We are approaching the number needed.
I talked to Phalen's dad a while back and he told me he was on scholarship.

Portal players right now are probably players that felt they could not start for the team they are leaving. Rarely (but sometimes) good players leave for other reasons after their Spring practices . Never hurts to look.

I think this staff will be about developing players.
We do have a couple of incoming freshmen that will arrive this summer that could potentially add some depth as well. Agree, long term its better to develop as many players as possible.

Maybe worth remembering that a name entering the portal is not 100% the same as a player leaving. Sometimes they look and then decide to stay. No different than commits who decommit. Nothing is done until it is done. Most comments about the potential departures have been quite civil, but just something to think about.
They can't come back unless Rhule lets them.

They can't come back unless Rhule lets them.
Of course, but that would mean they asked to return. That is absolutely a reasonable path with ample precedent. It isn't uncommon for transfer portal kids to withdraw their names and stay on.

I'm not going to say that internet keyboard warriors are a huge influence, but we all know that there is some influence. It's not zero. Also, kids looking at coming here in the future are also going to pay attention to how the fans talk about them.

It's just a friendly public service message that, in general, remembering the full scope of the potential audience when discussing kids on the team is not a horrible idea.

Of course, but that would mean they asked to return. That is absolutely a reasonable path with ample precedent. It isn't uncommon for transfer portal kids to withdraw their names and stay on.

I'm not going to say that internet keyboard warriors are a huge influence, but we all know that there is some influence. It's not zero. Also, kids looking at coming here in the future are also going to pay attention to how the fans talk about them.

It's just a friendly public service message that, in general, remembering the full scope of the potential audience when discussing kids on the team is not a horrible idea.
Agreed that we should never bash kids. My post was more at the poster calling everyone NFL GM's while pretending he knows more than 3 different head coaches who have all seen him.

I think it was mentioned somewhere when Smothers entered the portal that the coaches were leaving the possibility of returning up to him if he can't find a desirable transfer destination. I'd have to find the tweet though.

Maybe worth remembering that a name entering the portal is not 100% the same as a player leaving. Sometimes they look and then decide to stay. No different than commits who decommit. Nothing is done until it is done. Most comments about the potential departures have been quite civil, but just something to think about.
It's my understanding once they officially enter the portal, the team doesn't have to take them back. You better really want out if you enter.

Torres should put out the feelers to Colorado St. Norvell's system is geared way more to his toolset than Satterfield's. Althought CSU probably has their starter set for the next few years. But CSU had to go down the depth chart last year for injury and none of those backups were very good.

OMG, we've had 5 players enter the portal in the past two days! What is happening!?

3c964db983e0fd5f50bb515a40bcb4ed.gif
We better step our game up if we want to keep pace with Colorado

Agreed that we should never bash kids. My post was more at the poster calling everyone NFL GM's while pretending he knows more than 3 different head coaches who have all seen him.
Everyone? Nah, there are plenty of folks who agree with me. Never said I knew more than anyone, either. Now you are skewing things. I don’t understand how any person outside the program can determine that Smothers sucks. Frost wasn’t playing him because of Martinez. Then, he hired a WCO coordinator and brought in a purer passer. Mickey wasn’t uprooting the offense in game 4 to change direction, so that’s complete BS. Rhule hasn’t seen him yet because he hasn’t been playing.

I guess his lone performance against Iowa in 2021, you’re saying he showed no promise? Seriously? He played a fine game in a difficult situation. Hell, his first game, after 4 coaches were fired and QB1 injured, against a really good defensive team, was damn good. One would normally think a guy could get better with experience, right? He is a terrific athlete. Lot to work with. Did Scott Frost get better after his lackluster start as NU’s QB? A lot better.

I don’t trust Frosts opinion on anything, he’s earned as much. There were more mistakes made in his tenure than any of us can count. So again, how the hell would anyone know, outside of Frosts opinion? And he wasn’t playing him over Martinez, period. I feel for the kid. Hope he kills it somewhere.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back