• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The elephant in the room.

Yeah TO first had to learn to beat OU and win the Big 8 consistently, then it was learning to win bowl games, then compete for national championships. I think we found the right coach and a workable formula to succeed
I 100% agree with you and I think most would. But for entertainment value, Go back and read a game day thread and you'd think Frost is the worst play caller who's installed a system that wont work in the Big Ten. Oftentimes stated by some regulars here. It's great off season reading. Lots of chuckles

Really excited about this class. In spite of the lower 20 rankings, I believe for the first time in a long time that we have kids coming in with the right mindset and are able to be developed. Plus we have a staff that is huge into development. Gone are the days of the MR period where we were getting the high 4 star guys that was nothing but drama and twitter glory over their recruitment such as bookie and some of the Calibraska guys. Everything about them was about attention and me me me.

I like this class too. Lineman with size and agility. Speed at skill positions and more. Great in-state group of kids

My humble opinion there is no reason we shouldn't consistently recruit classes that are ranked in top 15-20 range. I don't care if we ever get a 5 star recruit but the key to me is to latch onto 4-5 of the top 4 star recruits ranked in the 50-150 range. There is no getting around that 50%+ of these kids will be difference makers. Key positions to be filled include: NG / DE, WR, QB, CB. For many other positions we can find good athletes that can be developed at low 4 star & 3 star level.

With the trajectory of the program going up, a key litmus test will be can we get on these kids radar in the 2020 cycle and get 10-15 of these difference makers to take OV's next fall. If we can do that, we will consistently land with a top 15-20 class. And we won't need to luck to compete with the current big boys

A blank respone ***?
It didn't allow my GIF to load from my phone!!!

Completely agree with you. Those guys are getting four and five stars because they are going to Alabama/Ohio State. When they don't pan out, the recruiting services aren't wrong because "they got beat out by another four or five star that was just better." Now, there's no argument that Alabama is going after the best players in the nation anyway, but recruiting services bump up kids rankings based on who they are going to. Bo Pelini's best class was... wait for it... 2011 after reaching the 2009/2010 conference title game twice in his first three years. The whole "look at the teams recruiting rankings that are playing in the CFP and tell me it doesn't matter" is just dumb.

I 100% agree with you and I think most would. But for entertainment value, Go back and read a game day thread and you'd think Frost is the worst play caller who's installed a system that wont work in the Big Ten. Oftentimes stated by some regulars here. It's great off season reading. Lots of chuckles
I refuse to follow a game day thread for two reasons.......one is I'm usually too busy doing something else but primarily because there are too many knee jerk emotional comments that quite frankly.......many posters would like to take back. :Biggrin:

I refuse to follow a game day thread for two reasons.......one is I'm usually too busy doing something else but primarily because there are too many knee jerk emotional comments that quite frankly.......many posters would like to take back. :Biggrin:
Right there with you. Seems like a waste of time to me. I am way too into the game to be typing. (that is when I can actually watch. and I am not coaching)

Yeah Scott Frost and staff are learning on the fly also. I don't think there is a team out there where you could agree with play calling and game management 100%

Yeah Scott Frost and staff are learning on the fly also. I don't think there is a team out there where you could agree with play calling and game management 100%
But I also dont believe that every other play call is wrong either. Go back...and read. It's absolutely comical.

It didn't allow my GIF to load from my phone!!!

Completely agree with you. Those guys are getting four and five stars because they are going to Alabama/Ohio State. When they don't pan out, the recruiting services aren't wrong because "they got beat out by another four or five star that was just better." Now, there's no argument that Alabama is going after the best players in the nation anyway, but recruiting services bump up kids rankings based on who they are going to. Bo Pelini's best class was... wait for it... 2011 after reaching the 2009/2010 conference title game twice in his first three years. The whole "look at the teams recruiting rankings that are playing in the CFP and tell me it doesn't matter" is just dumb.
What I find most mind boggling is there are so many fans and media that just takes the recruiting services rankings as GOD. As if the recruiting services get out there and let the world know whose the best and then the coaches see who they can snag. Without any consideration to the fact that these people are just giving an educated guess for the most part.
I didnt do any research but Id be willing to bet this:
clemsons recruiting class in the years right up to there major success were average.........then, just like that all of there recruits suddenly became 4 and 5 stars. Why, because services figured out that Dabo must know his stuff, so they know taylor their evals with that in mind. funny stuff

Last edited:

What I find most mind boggling is there are so many fans and media that just takes the recruiting services rankings as GOD. As if the recruiting services get out there and let the world know whose the best and then the coaches see who they can snag. Without any consideration to the fact that these people are just giving an educated guess for the most part.
I didnt do any research but Id be willing to bet this:
clemsons recruiting class in the years right up to there major success were average.........then, just like that all of there recruits suddenly became 4 and 5 stars. Why, because services figured out that Dabo must know his stuff, so they know taylor their evals with that in mind. funny stuff
Oh so I did some research on my topic no clemson.
Rivals for example, in the recruiting years that were influential in Clemson playing in the title game Back to back had classes of 14, 14, & 13.

In the years after dabo had proven himself a great coach............suddenly 4, 6 and 8 since. With the exception that in one year,they were 22 becasause they only had a 14 person class.
Now some will say recruiting spiked because of the success. well, maybe............but the classes of 14, 14, and 13 won a NT and then suddenly there classes immediately jump 10 spots. betcha a lot of that is respect from the recruiting services rather than recruiting service knowledge.

Rivals for example, in the recruiting years that were influential in Clemson playing in the title game Back to back had classes of 14, 14, & 13.

In the years after dabo had proven himself a great coach............suddenly 4, 6 and 8 since. With the exception that in one year,they were 22 becasause they only had a 14 person class.
Now some will say recruiting spiked because of the success. well, maybe............but the classes of 14, 14, and 13 won a NT and then suddenly there classes immediately jump 10 spots. betcha a lot of that is respect from the recruiting services rather than recruiting service knowledge.
EXAACTLY

I was going to check your hypothesis but you already did, now it is a solid theory.

Interestingly 247 they jump around a bit more.

Starting 2011 they go 10, 20, 15, 16, 9, 11(NC loss), 16(NC win), 7, and currently 5th.

C

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back