• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Colorado circus continues to entertain everyone....

How many can Ralphie feed and
I think our D line will give their O line fits. I know their O line will look different this year, but our guys are going to be a handful for any team this year and their line isn't going to be mistaken for top 10 O-line. And this year our D won't have to wonder which team our QB is playing for.

I think we have a pretty good chance to pressure their QB with 4 most of the game. This game will test our young LB room and our DBs. If we can keep hitting daddy’s boy with the front 4 we should be able to do well. Williams might play a good bit and i expect him to be one of the stars.

You people will believe anything that is anti-CU or paints the program in a bad light. LMAO.

The truth is Lil' Wayne invited Shedeur to perform right before the show and his dad didn't even know he was going to go on stage and perform.

I'm sure you also believe that the roster is trash and didn't drastically improve through the portal, especially on the O-Line.
That's fine. The truth will be known on September 7th.
Ruff I always admired you. You are not afraid to enter the lions den. But I believe.the forst reports. Because Deion has always and forever been about putting forward his and his sons image as superior to the rest of the world. So this fits that overall narrative.

Thanks. I Agree. The 2nd game thing is double edged for them. They’ll have less injuries, and depth issues likely won’t factor too much for them, but they also won’t have had enough time to build chemistry. Because of that, I expect us to run the ball with ease all night, and hit at least a few play action passes. I expect penalties to be huge in our favor.

Our main weakness currently looks like our secondary, so that’s a huge concern for me, in addition to this weird thing where Rhule sometimes seemingly underestimates things that could be really big issues. Some of it is not self inflicted, but it doesn‘t always help and it makes him look silly at times when he doesn’t seem to have any ideas for “worst case scenarios”.
To the bolded- we do that and we win in a game that is not a nail biter or coming down to the last possession.

Interesting take on their chemistry. I expect it to be fine early on like it was last year early in the season. But, to your point, I do think it will be fragile and it just depends on how early in the season it will be put to the test.

Neon attracts guys who want the circus atmosphere and will vibe together as long as the going is good. Roll NDSU like they did TCU last year and NU will need to be the team that tests their chemistry.

Ty wasn't doing what Ty does last year in the new D. Hut wasn't the player he became either. We hadn't developed our pass rush fully yet.

The offense we had last year isn't the same this years will be, some problems will arise for their D just on that alone besides it'll be better across the board.

I'm hearing the new OC is a better fit for Shedeur but a less productive fit overall. If that means Shedeur gets hit and or sacked less I get it, but it comes at a cost to them.
They have a very good D lineman coming in through transfer of course.
I suspect they'll be starting their freshman 5 star O lineman. D calls and great technique will show up against him if so.

I see holes in their team, I see us improved across the board.

We had four turnovers last year in their house. Flip that the bluffs don't stand a chance.
So a hollow victory in my eyes as our offense was created on the field that game and our defense was still discovering itself.
On average a turnover is worth about 5 points in cfb

Being that we lost by 22 at their house and we had a turnover of our own, we lost by 7 points playing out the odds, at their house, so minus 3 or a four point win.
None of this is linear or guaranteed, just averages.
So yea, the offense will be hugely more effective, the defense more settled. I see us winning
They scored on 7 of 8 drives when it really mattered.

I think the big question is more on is. Was our defense as good as it was credited for or were the Big offenses we faced just terrible?

They scored on 7 of 8 drives when it really mattered.

I think the big question is more on is. Was our defense as good as it was credited for or were the Big offenses we faced just terrible?
Seven drives? How many were fgs or after turnovers. Looking at it, we missed a field goal, we turned it over they made a field goal.
We threw a pick they score a TD. We fumble they get another TD, We miss another fg.
So twenty pts on turnovers, they won by 22 at their house.
A better question is, was our defense playing anywhere then as it will this year? And will we be able not to hand them 20 pts.

The most they scored against a decent defense was the 16 they had at ucla.
So without turnovers our defense performed about as expected.

Last edited:
You people will believe anything that is anti-CU or paints the program in a bad light. LMAO.

The truth is Lil' Wayne invited Shedeur to perform right before the show and his dad didn't even know he was going to go on stage and perform.

I'm sure you also believe that the roster is trash and didn't drastically improve through the portal, especially on the O-Line.
That's fine. The truth will be known on September 7th.
I call BS. The report I saw was they just finalized the decision right before the show. Deion and Son had real good idea it was happening over a week before.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back