• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked The chosen one - Josh Moore" A Weekly Diary By Josh Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.
new ADBM will hopefully make the decision very quickly after Iowa, and if it's Riley is gone, hopefully have a new coach in place (at least named) as soon as possible. With the Dec signing date, everything needs to sped up, just to give any coach a chance to keep as many recruits as he can. This would be the one time a Dec signing period could hurt us.

new ADBM will hopefully make the decision very quickly after Iowa, and if it's Riley is gone, hopefully have a new coach in place (at least named) as soon as possible. With the Dec signing date, everything needs to sped up, just to give any coach a chance to keep as many recruits as he can. This would be the one time a Dec signing period could hurt us.
You could almost make a case for a late season switch due to the early signing period. You no longer get 2-3 months of recruiting anymore. You get 4. Weeks.

You're right...the season is not helping and the coaching change talks are not helping. It is what it is...if they need to make a move then let it be quick and accurate. They need a yes from their target before it goes down and the recruiting class might hold to some degree if the guy coming in has some cache.
The situation is sad, but it's Riley's fault. Everything was set up for a huge class. Riley just needed to have a decent season. Instead, we have seen a train wreck.

Hopefully the new coach will keep a few key assistants and salvage some/most of the class. Agreed that the new coach needs to be a name/personality that resonates with recruits.

The situation is sad, but it's Riley's fault. Everything was set up for a huge class. Riley just needed to have a decent season. Instead, we have seen a train wreck.

Hopefully the new coach will keep a few key assistants and salvage some/most of the class. Agreed that the new coach needs to be a name/personality that resonates with recruits.

There are some really good young assistants and recruiters on board. Would be nice to keep a few. OTOH if the team rallies...most of this part of the season will be in the shadows and there may not be a change. Unfortunately the internet will keep the torches lit. I'm for whatever makes Nebraska great again.

Last edited:
If Moos has Frost, or someone else in his pocket, we could just wait until Jan 1 to fire Riley (having the early signings from recruits in december). Then we'd already have the letters of intent from those top players which are enrolling early, and our new coach. I realize that's very sleazy but... :)

If Moos has Frost, or someone else in his pocket, we could just wait until Jan 1 to fire Riley (having the early signings from recruits in december). Then we'd already have the letters of intent from those top players which are enrolling early, and our new coach. I realize that's very sleazy but... :)
Yes, very sleazy, and probably a justifiable reason for recruits to request being released from their Letters of Intent. :Frown:

Last edited:

Yes, very sleazy, and probably a justifiable reason for recruits to request being released from their Letters of Intent. :Frown:
I was being a little sarcastic, don't think we should actually do that, but it's possible.

I thought I had read that coaching changes will not be justifiable for release even after the early signing period. Maybe I am wrong on that one.

Last edited:
Okay I just looked it up. Recruits that sign an NLI in December, can not have an opt out clause due to any coaching changes. So they would be entitled to current transfer rules (sit out a year).

In this past cycle, Minnesota (P.J. Fleck), Cal (Justin Wilcox), Connecticut (Randy Edsall) and Western Michigan (Tim Lester) all made head coaching hires after Dec. 22. It's why writers such as SBNation's Bud Elliott have suggested allowing an out clause in the National Letter of Intent in the case of coaching changes.

Was an NLI out clause considered at all for the recent legislation? No, says Susan Peal, the director of governance for the National Letter of Intent program.

"That has not been considered," Peal wrote in an email to AL.com. "After the early signing period goes through a couple cycles, there will be a lot to decipher from the NLI data to compare the early football signees with the February-April signees."

The early signing period doesn't really change things if the recruits are waiting to see about a coaching change. They still have several weeks until the final signing day to decide. I believe I read that Bookie plans to wait until the February signing day and I imagine most will unless they aren't solid for Nebraska no matter what. I can understand a recruit's loyalty to a coaching staff, but I still believe our program and university is bigger than any single coach. Some recruits will see that and choose accordingly IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back