• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Bee Gees

I assume the Chicago DJ was who organized the Anti-Disco album burn at Comiskey?

Yeah the album bonfire at the stadium was part of the documentary. According to some of the people that were there, people were burning just about anything. It wasn't all disco albums. Some believe a large percent were Soul and R&B albums.

Yeah the album bonfire at the stadium was part of the documentary. According to some of the people that were there, people were burning just about anything. It wasn't all disco albums. Some believe a large percent were Soul and R&B albums.

I know it got totally out of control.

I've liked the Bee Gees for as long as I can remember and never cared what others thought. Come to think of it, I like at least some songs from every genre of music I can think of right now. Good music is good music.
That's where I am at. It used to aggravate my friends in HS, because I listened to all sorts of music they didn't like. My country friends hated heavy metal, my metal friends hated country, and I subjected them all to it when they rode in my car, hahaha...

That's where I am at. It used to aggravate my friends in HS, because I listened to all sorts of music they didn't like. My country friends hated heavy metal, my metal friends hated country, and I subjected them all to it when they rode in my car, hahaha...

I kind of did the same. I'd flip on the AMP and crank it.

Insanely talented...all of them. I did not appreciate them until I got older. To Love Somebody is my fav. Howard Stern said his fav was NY Mining Disaster. Such a diverse catalog—-including smash hits for other artists. But those early songs were GREAT.

The way they wrote was somewhat unconventional too...and their melodies were killer. It’s a shame he lost all of his brothers so young.

I didn't need a Chicago DJ to tell me I didn't like disco. I came to that realization all on my own. That being said, the Bee Gees made some great music during their career. I didn't like their disco songs, but a lot of their other stuff was outstanding.

Folks can say what they want, but The Bee Gees wrote and sang their own stuff. They also had perfect pitch and harmonization, rivaled only by the Beatles and Simon & Garfunkel.

The only artist today that I know with perfect pitch (occasionally) is Justin Timberlake.

Almost all “artists” today are employing a trusty voice box. If you don’t believe me, go and watch them live - it is truly cringeworthy.

We don’t have good music and songwriting any more. It’s mostly garbage

A lot of truth here. I think there are quite a few artists who can sing still, but most everything I hear on the radio is overproduced and covers up the fact that they can't sing.

Add in the compression on the recordings and the loudness cranked up and a lot of the most popular music is unlistenable!

A lot of truth here. I think there are quite a few artists who can sing still, but most everything I hear on the radio is overproduced and covers up the fact that they can't sing.

Add in the compression on the recordings and the loudness cranked up and a lot of the most popular music is unlistenable!

People downplay the music talent in this era and it’s not really fair.

99a461002d4e13750db8f48c0192837d.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back