• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The 2024 portal season thread

Just a heads up that only players who's schools have fired their HC and graduate transfers are officially allowed to enter the portal right now. Most grad transfers only have one year left to play. Given that Kaelin will only be a sophomore in 2025, Rhule might want a portal QB who's not one and done.

For the majority of players, the portal window opens December 4.

I am midly shocked that no Huskers have entered the portal. Both Sims and Purdy are eligible, as are some other Huskers.

Last edited:
will howard has a 2/1 td/int ratio, which is workable and teachable, and he looks to have 2 years left. we havent seen a td/int ratio like that under center in awhile for nebr. AM was close his early yrs, but he also had about 7-8 addl fumbles/yr to compound the issue

Just a heads up that only players who's schools have fired their HC and graduate transfers are officially allowed to enter the portal right now.

I am midly shocked that no Huskers have entered the portal. Both Sims and Purdy are eligible, as are some other Huskers.

I have no inside information, but I think Purdy might stick around. Despite the late interceptions against Maryland and Iowa, I thought he showed promise, and I would think he would want to compete for a starting job in Lincoln next year.

I would expect Sims to enter the portal.

I wrote in a separate thread that I am really curious to see if any players who we would expect to be major contributors next year enter the portal. I am thinking of guys like Wandale Robinson and Ernest Hausmann when they chose to leave. If we don't lose players like that and instead only lose players looking for opportunities for more playing time, that will be a great vote of confidence by the players in the coaching staff.

Last edited:

Will Howard is a slower version of AMart. He did not have the best season this year, maybe spooked by the young gun waiting in the wings, or just mental mistakes. His numbers are directly attributed to the OC who knows how to gameplan and call a game. If you get Howard and his OC, sign them up now!

One difference from our QBs is that he produced a bunch of TD with his arm and his feet. We struggled to produce TDs. He would be an upgrade for us.

When the news hit of him entering the portal I looked at some of the Kansas news articles. Just a few days ago he said he was contemplating declaring for the draft. Given his intent to play at the next level, what can we offer him that would improve his draft stock? It’s possible that we can, but we need to be able to convince talent that we can improve their draft standing.
Yea there a whole thread on what makes it difficult to attract someone looking for the next level. I just don’t see him coming here.

Yea there a whole thread on what makes it difficult to attract someone looking for the next level. I just don’t see him coming here.
Which directly proves it to be true. Everything worthy of a thread on this board is guaranteed, 100%, without a doubt true and accurate.

Just a heads up that only players who's schools have fired their HC and graduate transfers are officially allowed to enter the portal right now. Most grad transfers only have one year left to play. Given that Kaelin will only be a sophomore in 2025, Rhule might want a portal QB who's not one and done.

But they can't leave until the 4th, right?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back