• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The 2024 portal season thread

Speaking of QBs, another one just hit the portal that looks interesting. Grayson McCall of Coastal Carolina who has really impressive stats. Over 10,000 passing yards and 1,000 rushing yards with 88 passing TDs, 18 rushing TDs to 14 INTs. He is obviously looking for a P5 program to help him get to the next level. Never heard of him or seen him play, but those numbers are impressive.

Last edited:

Glad you mentioned it as I blew past his name and didn’t look at him. Apparently a record setting QB for Temple and of course, son of the NFL QB. No real rushing yards and 41 TDs to 24 INTs. Lots of yards through the air but I think we need a QB that can gain some yards on the ground.

A high td to int ratio too

I think it's more a case where he knows he can't get into a bidding war. If he had the NIL firepower to compete for someone like Riley Leonard, Grayson McCall, Cameron Ward, Will Rogers or Will Howard, he would. Guaranteed.
Speaking of QBs, another one just hit the portal that looks interesting. Grayson McCall of Coastal Carolina who has really impressive stats. Over 10,000 passing yards and 1,000 rushing yards with 88 passing TDs, 18 rushing TDs to 14 INTs. He is obviously looking for a P5 program to help him get to the next level. Never heard of him or seen him play, but those numbers are impressive.

Yep

I know. Everyone will be after him. Sucks to not have the deep pockets.
Its early it sounds. IOW, I got the feeling overall team needs haven't been fully discussed to use the monies we have. MR did sound to me that if we had a lot of money to burn he'd be on it, but how that effects overall team needs vs lots of money in one basket ? It won't take long, the coaches will be hitting the road on commit follow ups, they'll have talked before then.

Will Howard is a slower version of AMart. He did not have the best season this year, maybe spooked by the young gun waiting in the wings, or just mental mistakes. His numbers are directly attributed to the OC who knows how to gameplan and call a game. If you get Howard and his OC, sign them up now!
No way possible to get the OC.

With Nick Henrich hanging up his cleats and Luke going into the draft, does HCMR look to the portal for a difference maker at LB? In this defense, aggressive and competent LB play is key.

The current list of LBs in the portal is growing but none below popped out at me.

You have to wonder if they might bring one of those guys in for depth.

Satt would probably have a good feel on talent and potential. None of them popped out as big time potential, but they all played behind Rattler so we don't have any hard evidence.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back