• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

That Raiola Kid Throws a Nice Ball

You know the jellyfish which has been in existence for 600 million years has no brain

They is still hope for you
Slow down so your typing can keep up with your thoughts, don’t worry pops I’ll get off your lawn now.

Haven’t seen any true competition… you’re right. Does he have talent? Yep he sure does. I’m sorry I’m not gonna label him the best QB to hit the field ever.

If nothing else what I have learned over the last 2 decades is to temper my expectations also temper my enthusiasm.

I’ll go game by game once season starts. I’ll let my expectations and enthusiasm grow from what I see on the field.

I am hoping we all see greatness displayed in front of us

Off season hype doesn’t do much for me anymore

Is that classic enough?
This is fair. But DR clearly has more pro potential and arm capabilities than any NU QB I've seen. It's almost effortless. Fun to watch

His prep school passing stats for 3 years are 8442 yds, 88 tds passing, 11 INTS strongly suggests to me he’s the real deal imo. That was accomplished at 3 different HIGH LEVEL schools. How his talent (he’s extremely talented) translates at the P5 level is TBD! I’m however willing to bet he will be a very successful in college QB.....

Last edited:
His prep school passing stats for 3 years are 8442 yds, 88 tds passing, 11 INTS strongly suggests to me he’s the real deal imo. That was accomplished at 3 different HIGH LEVEL schools. How his talent (he’s extremely talented) translates at the P5 level is TBD! I’m however willing to bet he will be a very successful in college QB.....
IOW, he was playing against college and top college competition levels his entire career.
Thinking of it this way makes it easier to understand his poise.

I am showing my age but DR appears to have the best touch on balls since Vince Ferragamo. Vince was great throwing under pressure. It will be interesting to see what DR does under duress without the green jersey. I am not taking the red or blue pill yet.

This is fair. But DR clearly has more pro potential and arm capabilities than any NU QB I've seen. It's almost effortless. Fun to watch
It's fun to watch, and I live in Cedar Rapids, IA, so listening to hawk fans "hate" or try and downplay the significance of him coming here is very fun also.
Dylan Raiola if nothing else breathed life back into this program without playing a single game unlike few before, at a time we very much needed it

Late to the conversation but also love the ball that both DR and TJL throw. They are passers first. Athletic yes. But really, really good throwers of the ball. This is a very new thing for NU. No comps imho. Mistakes will be made. But very excited about the prospect of seeing NFL-level accuracy in the passing game.

I like his smooth effortless delivery. He looks very comfortable on the field. Hopefully our tackles improve against the outside speed rushers. He has shown tremendous accuracy

IOW, he was playing against college and top college competition levels his entire career.
Thinking of it this way makes it easier to understand his poise.
Not so fast my friends... yes, he played against the best possible competition for his three year high school career. But do not confuse that with playing against college and top college competition levels. There can be a cluster of very top players on a team, there can be a lot of FCS players on a team, but it isn't the breadth and depth that even the worst B1G teams have. I saw a lot of players who really impressed and got FBS offers (one who turned down DONU; another who went to ISU) who hardly played a down at sub-P5 schools.

Still, I was highly impressed by what I saw of Raiola. I fear writing the only thing that I can surmise could stymie Dylan Raiola.

One other weird comment / take that gives me a slight amount of pause, is Dr. Rob said that DR telegraphed his throws. I didn't see that, I thought he looked better at checking multiple receivers. But what the Doc said was DR is so good on his timing throws and so accurate, it doesn't matter that much.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back