• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

That Raiola Kid Throws a Nice Ball

I am not an expert but have been watching NU football for at least 54 years.

Loved Joe Ganz, gamer. But, come on.

Tanner Lee was a turnover machine.

Zac Lee was meh.

Taylor was okay.

DR is better than all, not even close. Vince Ferragamo was an eyelash from being a SB Champion. But my God this kid is 18 yo. He has every throw. Yes, he will need to be protected. But for anyone to hedge on the talent and arm strength? Wow.

Incidentally, this is the first time since we had Brook and Tommie that we have depth at the QB position. And if HH continues on his trajectory, and we have DK, and we get Lateef and Dayton down the road? Things are looking up, big time. Enjoy the ride.

I am not an expert but have been watching NU football for at least 54 years.

Loved Joe Ganz, gamer. But, come on.

Tanner Lee was a turnover machine.

Zac Lee was meh.

Taylor was okay.

DR is better than all, not even close. Vince Ferragamo was an eyelash from being a SB Champion. But my God this kid is 18 yo. He has every throw. Yes, he will need to be protected. But for anyone to hedge on the talent and arm strength? Wow.

Incidentally, this is the first time since we had Brook and Tommie that we have depth at the QB position. And if HH continues on his trajectory, and we have DK, and we get Lateef and Dayton down the road? Things are looking up, big time. Enjoy the ride.
Agree fully. Maybe Vince, sometimes Humm. But he's a step ahead already.

Well yeah, that has been his only opportunity. I feel like most non-believers or "show me" types on the board will see by end of year. I do agree that things will be different with pressures and defenses schemed against him when live bullets start flying, but I feel pretty good about him leading this team at the QB spot.
And to be clear, I'm not one of those people. I think he (should) be the best qb at Nebraska (certainly in my 53 year lifetime) we've seen.

I just have learned over the past dozen years or so to temper my expectations of this program.

Agree fully. Maybe Vince, sometimes Humm. But he's a step ahead already.
I think the x factor here is HH and his progression. He gives us another dimension. Add in that we have a banger in Dowdell and Ervin and even Ives. It would be great if they just protect him and the ball. The thing about DR is the ball is out quickly and thrown to the correct spot. So important. No sidearm crap and no forcing the ball

I think the x factor here is HH and his progression. He gives us another dimension. Add in that we have a banger in Dowdell and Ervin and even Ives. It would be great if they just protect him and the ball. The thing about DR is the ball is out quickly and thrown to the correct spot. So important. No sidearm crap and no forcing the ball
I can't wait for Rahmir in this offense.
That quick hands heard from Thomas from one of the practices is saying DR sees it, knows it, now how do we make it better? He's ready to pick up his pace, which he'll need to do.
One of the questions from some evaluators was DRs non zip on mid short passes seen by other top qbs.
Thats just another tool in the tool box DR now has.

I can't wait for Rahmir in this offense.
That quick hands heard from Thomas from one of the practices is saying DR sees it, knows it, now how do we make it better? He's ready to pick up his pace, which he'll need to do.
One of the questions from some evaluators was DRs non zip on mid short passes seen by other top qbs.
Thats just another tool in the tool box DR now has.
Rahmir will give him a safety valve. But Johnson looked pretty good coming out of the backfield. It looks like we have a QB who can throw a screen.

So no, you can’t see it. Classic.
Haven’t seen any true competition… you’re right. Does he have talent? Yep he sure does. I’m sorry I’m not gonna label him the best QB to hit the field ever.

If nothing else what I have learned over the last 2 decades is to temper my expectations also temper my enthusiasm.

I’ll go game by game once season starts. I’ll let my expectations and enthusiasm grow from what I see on the field.

I am hoping we all see greatness displayed in front of us

Off season hype doesn’t do much for me anymore

Is that classic enough?

Well yeah, that has been his only opportunity. I feel like most non-believers or "show me" types on the board will see by end of year. I do agree that things will be different with pressures and defenses schemed against him when live bullets start flying, but I feel pretty good about him leading this team at the QB spot.

I’m a show me guy. And I agree with you. I’m a Husker fan. I have to be I have the tattoo hasn’t faded as much as the team has over 25 years… there is still hope

Haven’t seen any true competition… you’re right. Does he have talent? Yep he sure does. I’m sorry I’m not gonna label him the best QB to hit the field ever.

If nothing else what I have learned over the last 2 decades is to temper my expectations also temper my enthusiasm.

I’ll go game by game once season starts. I’ll let my expectations and enthusiasm grow from what I see on the field.

Is that classic enough?
No reason get your feelings in a wad

Is that classic enough?
No reason to get your feelings in a wad. Just to help you out so it doesn’t go over your head again….it was the fact you didn’t answer the question that was “classic”. Have a great evening Pops!

Is that classic enough?
He's not the best. His skill set is different that we are used to, but from a potential stand point he translates to the league based on that potential better than anyone we've had

I thought it was framed in context, that being spring game.
Now the guys he's outdone did very well here, so one would think things go hand in hand.

Simms didn't look that good in practice, it got worse under fire.
We have seen in spring games eventual tendencies, TA and Yolo bombs, Lee great statue throws, AM horrible short passing game.

What I saw in Dylan was once he leaves the pocket his awareness seems to drop some, everything else was superior to the above mentioned.

No reason get your feelings in a wad

No reason to get your feelings in a wad. Just to help you out so it doesn’t go over your head again….it was the fact you didn’t answer the question that was “classic”. Have a great evening Pops!
You know the jellyfish which has been in existence for 600 million years has no brain

They is still hope for you

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back