• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Terrell Newby: Announced At His School: He Is A Husker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign - I'm just gonna start emailing you my tweets so I get some of attention. ;)

Talking Points:

-With Newby's commit, Nebraska now has the #23 and #30 running backs in the entire country per 247's rankings.

-Using 247's Composite rankings for the RB position, Nebraska has the #14 and #19 backs in the country. Remember, Composite takes into account the rankings of 247, Rivals, Scout, and ESPN.

-Over the last three seasons, Newby has racked up 5,794 yards on 839 carries (6.09 YPC) with 97 rushing touchdowns.

-With 839 carries and 97 touchdowns, Newby has gone for a touchdown every nine carries over the course of three years. Not bad.

LOL...I got you you book marked now...;)

Yeah arguably the best RB class in the country....

Red Reign - I'm just gonna start emailing you my tweets so I get some of attention. ;)

Talking Points:

-With Newby's commit, Nebraska now has the #23 and #30 running backs in the entire country per 247's rankings.

-Using 247's Composite rankings for the RB position, Nebraska has the #14 and #19 backs in the country. Remember, Composite takes into account the rankings of 247, Rivals, Scout, and ESPN.

-Over the last three seasons, Newby has racked up 5,794 yards on 839 carries (6.09 YPC) with 97 rushing touchdowns.

-With 839 carries and 97 touchdowns, Newby has gone for a touchdown every nine carries over the course of three years. Not bad.

Talking Points:

As always thanks!

Two 2000 yard backs in one class... Who can't be impressed with the job this staff is doing, well other than GFoA (just kidding) GBR

In my opinion, this is one of those 'defining' commitments. Newby is argued as the top back in California (and is rated as much by some services) and had serious pull to stay out West. Remember that at one point, Newby was ready to commit to California. I believe it was Fisher that flew out and convinced him to hold off and to come to Big Red Weekend. That proved to be huge.

I saw Sipple tweet earlier that Newby may push Abdullah for the starting spot. While I think that's pretty optimistic, I won't be surprised to see him on the field in some fashion. Beck keeps moving more and more towards speed and Newby fits the part. As mentioned before, if he can't get on with the offense -- special teams certainly isn't out of the question.

I was hoping for Nebraska hat and a Husker one. :Biggrin:

...to make the old fans REALLY mad, the Husker hat would be black with a Red N?

Welcome to Husker Nation, Mr. Newby!

:huskerflag: :huskerflag: :huskerflag: :huskerflag: :huskerflag:

proxy.jpg

Black Hat Black Hat Black Hat Black Hat Black Hat..........the alarm is going off........BLACK HAT.

What can I say, folks, I got skillz. :rolfl:

Now this really is a huge ​get! I expect him to get a lot of snaps this year; a great running back!

Newby is the one guy I was most excited about that the staff has been after. I felt the same about Aaron Green too, though. So, I hope it all pans out. If it does, with Taylor too, we have got a lot ofthe peices of the puzzle solved in the next few years at the QB, WR, RB positions. Next years class will be important. If we can hit on some needed areas, it will b exciting to see what this team can do in 3 years
Congrats Newby and good job Staff!!

VERY strong argument for that. Two RBs that are arguably the best players at their positions in two of the three most talented states in the country. Two players who combined to rush for 5100 yards and 90 TDs between them - as SENIORS...and against TOP competition, both of them.

I'm not raining on anyone's parade here, but Bama has two very high rated 4 star guys plus a 5 star running back who statistically is the greatest high school running back in the history of the world!! Behind that, I would consider us having a strong argument for 2nd best RB class in the country :)

Okay I'll take second...:) :)

I'm not raining on anyone's parade here, but Bama has two very high rated 4 star guys plus a 5 star running back who statistically is the greatest high school running back in the history of the world!! Behind that, I would consider us having a strong argument for 2nd best RB class in the country :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back