• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Terrell Newby: Announced At His School: He Is A Husker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Sounds like the coaches will visit him this weekend and hopefully seal the deal.....and we are in great shape on this one....his parents love Bo and the staff and I think the distance thing is becoming more and more a non-issue now....

Plus the Mora to the NFL rumors won't go away and Chip Kelly has pretty much admitted he will be headed that way....although Oregon is not competition in my opinion....its between Nebraska and UCLA....and Oregon already has two highly rated RBs and if Kelly leaves they are null and void....and UCLA is only in it because of the distance issue...he is not a need for them....but a luxery....

Not to mention Newby loves our offense...was really impressed with the bowl game performance...

Last edited:

Sounds like the coaches will visit him this weekend and hopefully seal the deal.....and we are in great shape on this one....his parents love Bo and the staff and I think the distance thing is becoming more and more a non-issue now....

Plus the Mora to the NFL rumors won't go away and Chip Kelly has pretty much admitted he will be headed that way....although Oregon is not competition in my opinion....its between Nebraska and UCLA....and Oregon already has two highly rated RBs and if Kelly leaves they are null and void....and UCLA is only in it because of the distance issue...he is not a need for them....but a luxery....

Not to mention Newby loves our offense...was really impressed with the bowl game performance...

Would be huge for us to get another shifty, Abdullah like back in the backfield two years behind Abdullah's class.

I have a friend who is a huge LSU junkie and a subsrciber on one of their boards. We all know the kind of talent that LSU recruits, but he tells me that the one player that they are "crazy about" and can not believe they let go is Adam Taylor. With Taylor and Newby, would be one of the best RB classes in the country

They really blew big-time it with Taylor...and he and his family are very upstanding folks and do not like getting jacked around like they did....they tried to get back in the picture with him and he had no interest what-so-ever....

Taylor is a huge get for this staff and team and if we can add Newby we will be set at RB for along time....

Would be huge for us to get another shifty, Abdullah like back in the backfield two years behind Abdullah's class.

I have a friend who is a huge LSU junkie and a subsrciber on one of their boards. We all know the kind of talent that LSU recruits, but he tells me that the one player that they are "crazy about" and can not believe they let go is Adam Taylor. With Taylor and Newby, would be one of the best RB classes in the country

Dont think you can ever have too many running backs. We have seen what a run of injuries can do. Can remember Helu having to play enough though he was hurting big time since we had no healthy backup. I can remember when we recruited Green when it looked like we were fully staffed at back then look what he did his freshman year.

They really blew big-time it with Taylor...and he and his family are very upstanding folks and do not like getting jacked around like they did....they tried to get back in the picture with him and he had no interest what-so-ever....

Taylor is a huge get for this staff and team and if we can add Newby we will be set at RB for along time....

A lot of people down in the Bayou are implying that this --> http://rivals.yahoo.com/lsu/football/recruiting/player-Leonard-Fournette-118474 <-- is the reason the coaches at LSU didn't mind running Taylor off. I'd say it's a win/win for both programs. They most likely will get the #1 RB in the class next year, as he is playing in their backyard, and we get Taylor who IMO is going to be an absolute beast.

Taylor was considered a 5-star talent before the knee injury and in my opinion is darn close right now...

The only thing he is not 100% on is cutting ability and that will come with time....serious knee blowout usually takes a couple of years to fully heal...

He is probably 95% right now...

Yes he looks like he will be a real good one....as he played against 1A talent in Texas.....

A lot of people down in the Bayou are implying that this --> http://rivals.yahoo.com/lsu/football/recruiting/player-Leonard-Fournette-118474 <-- is the reason the coaches at LSU didn't mind running Taylor off. I'd say it's a win/win for both programs. They most likely will get the #1 RB in the class next year, as he is playing in their backyard, and we get Taylor who IMO is going to be an absolute beast.

Last edited:

Sounds like he already knows where he is going to go....and will announce in the next few weeks at his school.....read what you want into it...:) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back