• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Teddy Allen > New Mexico State >> In Portal / Going Pro?

Poor kid must not have a grandpa around to help keep him on right path.
Not sure if this is sarcasm or sincere. Based on an article I read from the Star Herald the young man had a tough childhood. Could he overcome it; absolutely. Is there personal accountability that goes with doing so; yes. That said, not everyone does and to ignore he had challenges many don't would be unjust.

Not sure if this is sarcasm or sincere. Based on an article I read from the Star Herald the young man had a tough childhood. Could he overcome it; absolutely. Is there personal accountability that goes with doing so; yes. That said, not everyone does and to ignore he had challenges many don't would be unjust.
I meant it to be sincere! I posted this somewhere else and it got interpreted differently. Just from my own experiences, my grandkids lean on me pretty hard and they trust me. The difference in generations seem to have a positive effect on kids in Teddy's age group. I always had utmost respect for my grandpas

Wishing Teddy Buckets well - best of luck getting things figured out - live long & prosper TA.

certainly frees up a lot of shot opportunities for the remaining squad - also closer to 5 rather than 4.1 playing defense at the other end ;)

I don't believe it's a coincidence that Nebraska's two best games of the season were the most recent two -- win over Minnesota with Teddy playing sparingly off the bench and tonight's blowout over Rutgers with Teddy off the team.
prime example of addition by subtraction. I say this, not disparaging Teddy, but the team is better without him. the rotations make more sense, the sharing of the ball is more prevalent..... the whole flow of the game last night vs rutgers was better then anything i've seen all year. Thor had an amazing game. is he a more talented player then Teddy? no. he's not. but i'd take him on my team, over teddy, 100 out of 100 times. sometimes that choice isn't obvious right away. Fred went with the more talented guy. anyone would. but over the course of time, the blend of the team becomes more obvious. there is a reason a guy scores 41, then the next game he disappears, and a day or so later, he quits the team. I can make a few logical guessses, but they would only be guesses cause i don't get to see practice, i don't know what team rules he's breaking etc. So its certainly not fair to speculate.

He never fit the offense although it was fun watching him play....at times anyway. He was always going to be here just a year. He needs to get his degree and go collect a paycheck in Europe.

prime example of addition by subtraction. I say this, not disparaging Teddy, but the team is better without him. the rotations make more sense, the sharing of the ball is more prevalent..... the whole flow of the game last night vs rutgers was better then anything i've seen all year. Thor had an amazing game. is he a more talented player then Teddy? no. he's not. but i'd take him on my team, over teddy, 100 out of 100 times. sometimes that choice isn't obvious right away. Fred went with the more talented guy. anyone would. but over the course of time, the blend of the team becomes more obvious. there is a reason a guy scores 41, then the next game he disappears, and a day or so later, he quits the team. I can make a few logical guessses, but they would only be guesses cause i don't get to see practice, i don't know what team rules he's breaking etc. So its certainly not fair to speculate.

I had a similar sense with Petteway. Too much of the ball flowing through one player who wasn't elite enough to carry the team on his back night in and night out.

I believe Teddy had faced discipline with Fred at least once -- and I know he did prior to coming to Nebraska. And what's he looking at now -- his 5th school maybe? What advantage is Teddy giving himself in his supposed pursuit of making this a career by bailing again? And he has two kids as well. I can't really hate on the guy, but I'm also not disappointed to see him leave. If anything, I'm disappointed that we wasted the time trying to build a team around him.

5 years, 5 schools. Has that ever been done before? That's today's NCAA I guess.

Talented kid. I hope he can put it together at some point.

Your post needs an update.
Apparently so. I figured he was surely out of eligibility after being at five different schools. He has to be the first guy ever to attend six different school and play for five of them (I don't think he ever played a game during his short time at Wichita St.). Welcome to the NCAA of the 2020's!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back