• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked TE Reese Leitao (Lay-tow) is 'N'

Status
Not open for further replies.

I had someone ask me if we had to worry about OU coming in late. My answer is no because he did not grow up in OK and has not ties to the state. His dad is a long time BB coach and the whole family is now in Chicago where his dad is the head coach at DePaul.

Nice! TE is starting to look interesting again at N, some nice recruits coming in to replace Cethan, and Jurgens for 2018!

:Hooray:

Just as a general observation.....these coaches got it going on with recruiting. Ain't no slouches in the whole group. I'm thinking after a successful season and solid recruiting class coming up, the next few seasons are gonna be a blast. :HuskersN::Huskerflag:

Nebraska graduates three tight ends after this season so its needs at the position were great in this cycle. The commitment of Reese may allow the Huskers to shut things down as they now have Leitao and Austin Allen at tight end and Ben Miles as a hybrid fullback/H-back.

Finding and landing a true tight end is becoming hard and hard to do these days. With as many spread offenses as you seen in high school now most tight ends are flexed out or really over-grown wide receivers. Very few guys have the ability to be an end-line blocker as well as a flex in the passing game, but Leitao does.

Tight ends coach Tavita Thompson deserves a lot of praise. Thompson has been an outstanding recruiting as the lead guy on Leitao and Austin Allen and was also very involved on several other commits such as Ben Miles in this class. That's something you don;t see out of a graduate assistant very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back