• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

TCU-ScuM

Well, I could bring up Scott Frost for an example. Frost had two seasons at Non-Power 5 FBS.

Coach Prime has two seasons (plus a half as 2020 was Covid shortened) of head coaching experience at the FCS level. Jackson State. His teams did not make the FCS play offs either year. {Apparently the two HBCU Conferences gave up their automatic bids years ago to allow for their own bowl system - hence teams have to get picked for the at-large spots. Florida A&M lost their first-round game in 2021; however, the one HBCU team that did make the playoffs - Florida A&M got smoked in the first round in 2021].

Prior to Jackson State, his highest level of coaching was as offensive coordinator at Trinity Christian High School in Cedar Hill, TX.

I give him credit for turning around Jackson State, but it is at a level where you bring in a couple of great athletes, and his star power probably upgraded a lot of recruiting across the board. But it is hardly a level playing field at that level; but he did well (albeit bringing his talented sons along).

Colorado is exactly one game. I give him a lot of credit for what I saw yesterday (I watched the first half and part of the third quarter). But to call Colorado a turnaround is a bit premature.

Anyway, he has shut up my doubting. He is well, well out of charlatan status.

I hope we can beat the 'Buffs this Saturday.
Frost at Nebraska is a good comparison to Neon at CU. Both of their first games were electric.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back