• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

TCU-ScuM

Well, I could bring up Scott Frost for an example. Frost had two seasons at Non-Power 5 FBS.

Coach Prime has two seasons (plus a half as 2020 was Covid shortened) of head coaching experience at the FCS level. Jackson State. His teams did not make the FCS play offs either year. {Apparently the two HBCU Conferences gave up their automatic bids years ago to allow for their own bowl system - hence teams have to get picked for the at-large spots. Florida A&M lost their first-round game in 2021; however, the one HBCU team that did make the playoffs - Florida A&M got smoked in the first round in 2021].

Prior to Jackson State, his highest level of coaching was as offensive coordinator at Trinity Christian High School in Cedar Hill, TX.

I give him credit for turning around Jackson State, but it is at a level where you bring in a couple of great athletes, and his star power probably upgraded a lot of recruiting across the board. But it is hardly a level playing field at that level; but he did well (albeit bringing his talented sons along).

Colorado is exactly one game. I give him a lot of credit for what I saw yesterday (I watched the first half and part of the third quarter). But to call Colorado a turnaround is a bit premature.

Anyway, he has shut up my doubting. He is well, well out of charlatan status.

I hope we can beat the 'Buffs this Saturday.
I posted earlier, the team that beat him in the HBCU championship game, their all time best recruited athlete was an 80 on 247.
I think that's a high 2 star, their best ever all time.
Meanwhile Jackson States had one 100 and many higher 4 stars and high 3 stars, all players Neon brought in. Yet he lost to NCC.

Hmmm... Doesn't sound to me like a guy who will "dye red".

FYI, we were good to great for 50 years, then we sucked for 20 years. Then we were good for 5 years, sucked for 2 years, then were great for 35 years. Then we sucked for a year, were good for a year, then alternately sucked / good for 4 years, then were fair for 7 years, then sucked for 8 years. Now here we are in 2023.
Figuring it quickly that's a hundred and thirty five years!! How old are you? :eek:

Think after last week's punch in the heart, I have come to terms with this turnaround taking time. Think that's why some of us came off as "giddy" about maybe going 0-2. Knowing we're likely to suffer more in the short term, it's like a defense mechanism vs being angry, mopey, or sour. If ya think ya might be getting clobbered, I'll accept it for the greater gain, but I don't want the heaviness anymore. Doesn't mean such people have lost faith and feel sure we'll be rooting our hearts out for their best performance even if it's a loss.

As they say people deal with sadness in their hearts in different ways. So as Husker brethren let's not define each other too much. There are many filters being looked through from the wiser of us to the more simple and less savvy...but the heartbeat for this team is united.

I already feel Rhule made one great stride and will continue with each game...even while he makes a mistake here and there. Just hope I'll be around to see the the satisfaction we all want him to return...hehe. GBR!!!
Well said.

Who was giddy though? I feel like the board is fairly calm/quiet after our 25th gut punch, close loss. No in-fighting, no thread bans...that's progress.
There was some infighting, but not like it usually is. Yes, some progress.

Last edited:

The presser Deion did after that game…yowza.
I thought it was very immature, and he may regret, one day, the way he talked to those reporters.
They can make it tough for him. Sounds like he singled out a couple of reporters.
Yes, huuuuuge chip on his shoulders. As a HC, he needs to be a bit more mature. If he wants to act like the head coach of Alabama, he needs to earn it. Nick Saban can be irritating, but he has earned the right. Not saying I condone it, but he is Nick Saban.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back