• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

TCU-ScuM

I guess I'll throw this out here for what it's worth. I said this on here months ago but it's not unique to me. Almost every person I talk to who I think is knowledgeable and thoughtful about husker football thinks some version of it.

It is going to completely suck emotionally if we lose to the Buffs, for historical reasons. But their evolution and ours are completely unrelated. What happens in our story going forward and what happens to theirs will only be affected in a very transitory way by anything that happens in this game this year or next.

A loss or bad loss may make some fans freak out in the short run, but Nebraska being successful under Rhule is going to play out due to much bigger factors that play out over several years.

If we beat CU and he screws up those other factors we still won't succeed long term. If we lose but he does well in those other factors, we still will succeed long term.

The outcome could only rise to the level of making some difference if it's part of a lot of other sucking this year and the next few. Which means this one game still wouldn't make any difference. The problem would simply be that we never stop sucking, not what happens in this game.

Last edited:

Prime’s kid is a way better QB than anyone guessed. Also had a few other great athletes following him around. It will be tough to sustain that unless Prime proves to be an exceptional coach.

I give him a lot of credit for what we saw today; but sustainability is yet to be proven.
I'm not sure why people are surprised by Deion's son. He was recruited by every major program in the country. The kid is an elite player. We have none of that talent at NU.

Prime’s kid is a way better QB than anyone guessed. Also had a few other great athletes following him around. It will be tough to sustain that unless Prime proves to be an exceptional coach.

I give him a lot of credit for what we saw today; but sustainability is yet to be proven.

All the sustainability I'm worried about right now is geared toward next Saturday. I think that's sustainable.

They'll likely be a hot mess by the end of the season. A couple of injuries and they're done.

Right now they are healthy and confident.

I guess I'll throw this out here for what it's worth. I said this on here months ago but it's not unique to me. Almost every person I talk to who I think is knowledgeable and thoughtful about husker football thinks some version of it.

It is going to completely suck emotionally if we lose to the Buffs, for historical reasons. But their evolution and ours are completely unrelated. What happens in our story going forward and what happens to theirs will only be affected in a very transitory way by anything that happens in this game this year or next.

A loss or bad loss may make some fans freak out in the short run, but Nebraska being successful under Rhule is going to play out due to much bigger factors that play out over several years.

If we beat CU and he screws up those other factors we still won't succeed long term. If we lose but he does well in those other factors, we still will succeed long term.

The outcome could only rise to the level of making some difference if it's part of a lot of other sucking this year and the next few. Which means this one game still wouldn't make any difference. The problem would simply be that we never stop sucking, not what happens in this game.
Most people don't realize that NU has been bad about as long as they have been good. This is a lousy program but at at least they got an upgraded locker room. Thankfully Deion will leave CU when his son graduates and will either go to FSU or maybe Dallas. He's superior to MR in most ways.

Most people don't realize that NU has been bad about as long as they have been good. This is a lousy program but at at least they got an upgraded locker room. Thankfully Deion will leave CU when his son graduates and will either go to FSU or maybe Dallas. He's superior to MR in most ways.
We were good for 40 years. We have sucked for 10. It does feel longer I know.

So ask yourself this. What part of TCU play into that?
They had 3 games last year they won by 20 or more
They won't take any of that into account. A team picked to lose by 20.5 points comes into town and does what they did is incredible. They just equaled their season wins from last year with a major statement. I truthfully think them going back to the BigXXII can bring NU back as well. We are not a BIG team.

They won't take any of that into account. A team picked to lose by 20.5 points comes into town and does what they did is incredible. They just equaled their season wins from last year with a major statement. I truthfully think them going back to the BigXXII can bring NU back as well. We are not a BIG team.
The BIG and its slogging offense is a much better fit for us now. We wouldn't beat either of those teams today needing to score 40+ points.

No its not.
Picking TCU to win by twenty is incredibly stoopid.
They lost so much of a team that put very few teams away.

The 9-4 seasons, to me, was still a decline. Maybe 30-10. Regardless they will never be what they once were. When USC and UCLA come a knocking it'll ensure NU stay in the cellar. I'm hoping HCMR will right the ship but Thursday's game didn't give me the hope I was wishing for.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back